Chapter 37, English Paper

Kara's POV

It's finals day. The only final I have left is my English final. Remember a week or two ago, we had to write a paper about what has changed for better or worse. Well, that's our final. We all have to read out a small section of our paper to the class. Just a big summary of our paper to get the point across to our classmates and teacher. 

I can't wait to get this done and over with. Then summer time! Parties, the wedding, and a lot of hanging out with Dakoda! After this class, he's coming home with us to get ready for a party at John's house tonight. I tune out of my thoughts and start paying attention to this kid named Ashton Harley, who is giving his summary paper right now to the class. 

"Thank you Ashton. And I'm sorry about your mom passing away." Our teacher says. 

"Okay who's next? Kara! You come up here." 

I stand up and start walking up to the front of the class. I turn around to face my fellow student, then I open my mouth to state my paper.

"My paper is about my family changing from just my brothers, dad, and I, to gaining a new family. My brother's and I grew up together along with just my dad. Our mom had passed away when I was very little. My brothers, Colton and Landon, grew up at home or with our grandparents. We learned to look out for each other. To care for each other. About a few months ago, my dad brought home this young woman for us to meet. At first all three of us were questionable about her, but she showed us she cared for our dad and us. Then it took a major change, when she had these two boys with her. We didn't like them. They didn't even like us. Those boys did their own thing, while we did our own. It was peaceful, till we fought. But over time, every event that came towards us, brought us closer to one another. This wedding coming this summer, didn't make a change to the worst, instead it brought the best out of us. I can't wait for them to be my step-brothers!" 

I finish my speech and then turn my gaze to my soon to be step-brothers. Sage and Asher both gave me a smile. 

"Thanks Kara. Take a seat!"

A few other students went next, then it was Asher's turn to go next! 

"Last summer, I went on this camping trip with a few of my friends. Including me there were four guys, and two girls. We were in a little cabin out in the woods. I had my best friends with me, till one night changed. One of my friends had too much to drink. He wanted to do somethings with the girls, but I told him no! It was wrong and he knew it. He would fight with me constantly about it! Everytime he tried, I got between them and told him no. Till one night, he did it when everyone was asleep. He hurt the poor girls. At that moment, I knew I had to say something. I knew he was my best friend, but he didn't act like it after he drank. I told the police what happened and they arrested him. That summer was the worst summer I have had. I lost my best friend. But, I made those girls safe." Asher finishes. 

Asher comes and sits down next to me, not looking at me at all. 

"Thank you Asher. Lastly is Sage!" 

Sage grumbles something under his breath and then gets up to the front of the classroom. He stands there for a moment, but then gives his blank face to us. 

"I know I'm quiet about my past, but you can't blame me for it. I lost an amazing role model in my life and nothing has ever been the same since. My dad was my hero. I looked up to him, till one night he was gone in a crash. Since that time, my life had been hard to forget about him. I lost everything I knew at the moment. Till one day, my brother, Asher, told me he looked up to me. I was someone he could relate to and beat up any bullies who picked on him. I was his father figure, even if I didn't have one to copy anymore. All I have to say is that, yes my life to a change for the worst, but it did make my brother and my relationship stronger. Without him, I don't know if I would be here today."

Sage says while looking Asher straight in the eye. He come back to his seat and then looks at us next to him. 

"Love you bro." Asher whispers to him. 

"Love you to Ash." Sage responds back. 

I sit down in my seat and smile to myself. Sage was never a bad guy. He just had a hard time and his brother helped him. Maybe Asher rubbed off onto him, so that's why he was so nice to my brothers and me now. All of a sudden I throw my arms over Sage and give him a quick hug. 

"Um, can I help you?" He asks. 

"Nope, your just a good brother." I say to him. 

Riiiiiinnnngg.

Sage, Asher, and I get up and walk out of the classroom. A few students were running around trying to get out of the school. It's over now!! Whoo!! I make it to my locker and I see Koda there waiting for me. 

"Hey sweetie." Koda says leaning in to kiss me on the cheek.

"Hi honey. Ready to go?" I ask him. 

He nods his head, and then I place my hand into this. Our fingers intertwine together as we walk down the halls to the boys' cars. The warm heat from the sun, hit us as we make it outside. 

"How were your finals?" I ask Koda.

"Good. Much easier than I thought it would be." He says smiling at me. 

"That's good honey." I say back to him. 

"Yeah, now let's go party!" Koda says running into the parking lot.

__________________________________________________

What did you think of the English papers from both Sage and Asher?

Comment and Vote please?

One more thing, should I do a chapter for the party?  Let me know what you think and enjoy your day! or Night!