Chapter 1

"Wakey, wakey. " The Joker's red smile and white face made my head spin. I was frozen in the chair I was tied to. Not because I was scared. No; I wasn't scared at all. Quite the opposite.
You see, when you are a girl obsessed with crazy personalities, you begin to change. Everyone else sees it. But you don't. Not until someone tells you that you've changed. Then you begin to realise that maybe they are right. When you watch A TV show or watch YouTube, you start picking up little habits that you see on the screen. For me, my first habit was licking my lips. The reason that was my first habit, was because I saw the Joker on the news, on his little... Terrorist videos and little blogs on YouTube and while he talks, he licks his lips.

The next habit I got, was gruesome thoughts. You know you've changed when someone annoys you and you imagine skinning them and using their skin as a rug for your fire place. Or when you imagine ripping the heart from their chest. Soon after, I started obsessing over the Joker. Not because I "loved" him. Hardly. Because I wanted to be him.

I opened my eyes slowly. And I saw him stand before me, his pocket knife in his purple gloved hand. "Ah, I thought you would never wake up, that would have been incredibly boring," he said as  he smiled a yellow, toothy grin. I stayed silent. I admired the Joker for years, I always thought about what I would say to him if I met him by pretending to have little conversations with myself. But now that he's here...now. It's hard to say anything at all.
"You're awfully quiet, usually people would be screaming by now!" He said, giggling.
"Would it be cliché if I said I'm not scared of you?" I said as I rolled my head back, making my neck click.
"Only if you were lying." He replied as he smacked his lips. "I've heard lots of stories about you, Joker." I said raising my eyebrows. "You have many different stories on how you got those scars. Which one is true?" I asked with a mocking tone. He stuck the razor on the left side of my mouth.

I felt the cold blade press against the corner of my mouth, I tasted the metal and I felt the little sharp prick of the blade.
"Do you want to know how I actually got these scars?" He said in his famous voice tone.
"Go ahead, enlighten me." I said as I raised my eyebrows.
"You truly have no fear, do you?Anyway, onto my story." He said with a grin.

"My father used to be a business man in the dodgy side of town. But one day he got into trouble with batman yet again, and batman pushes him into some chemicals. It ruins his face, leaving him with a permanent smile. I remember visiting him in hospital; he had the biggest smile on his face. When his face healed, he wore makeup and called himself the Joker. He got jealous of me and my normal life because no one judged me because my face was perfectly normal. After the incident, he used to go out every night to get drunk and come home just to abuse my mother. My mother was useless. She never leaves, which meant I was stuck there too. One night he comes home crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself, he doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So. Me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says 'why so serious?' He comes at me with the knife. '"Why so serious?' Sticks the blade in my mouth. 'Let's put a smile on that face', and he carved a smile on my face. I still remember screaming in pain as my mother stood there crying, not doing anything about it.
I hated them both from then on. But I had my revenge. The end." He said, as he took the knife out of my mouth and started to clean the blade, clearly proud of himself.
I sat there silently. "So did you like my story?" He smiled.
"What did you do to them" I asked; after he mentioned that he had got his revenge on them, I was curious.
"I popped his eyes out and put them on a key chain, had to throw them out couple of days later, smelled bad. And I stabbed my mother in the neck with a fork when she tried to stop me." He said casually.
"Oh. Fair enough. So where are we?" I asked. The question didn't pop into my mind until then.
"Oh, you know." He said as he straightened his purple coat.
"I don't believe I do" I said, raising an eyebrow.
"Why don't you look around then? Hm?" He said as he put his pocket knife into his coat. I looked around the room. The walls were brick that was painted white. The room was mostly empty other than some mops, cleaning appliances and some tubs of paint. The floor was concrete and there were two lights on the ceiling, one was flickering. Then there was us. He was standing there, hunched over studying his pocket knife waiting for me to finish looking around the room. Then there is me. On the chair, tied up with duct tape. That's when I saw it on the floor in one corner of the room. It looked like an old framed photo, the glass was broken and the photo was black and white. It showed a man in front of a huge building, he looked like a doctor. That's when I realised.
"You brought me to Arkham asylum?" I said, shocked. "Why did you even bring me he-" He quickly shoved the knife back in my mouth, which made me jump.
"We need to be quiet" he giggled. "The reason... You're here, is to keep me company."
I couldn't believe it. He removed the knife from my mouth once again.
"So you're telling me, that I woke up here, got a knife held to me and all of this happened just because you wanted company? I guess you are as crazy as they say", I laughed sarcastically.

"Well I've been watching you lately....lexi." He said, smiling his toothy grin once again. My stomach turned when he said my name. How did he know? And how much does he know?

"How much do you know about me?"I asked, my face serious.

"Well, I know that you killed your brother" he licked his lips. My head dropped leaving me with a view of my black tights.

"I know that you've stayed at arkham for three years because of it." He said as he lifted my face so that I was looking at him. I thought no one knew about that except the cops and arkham asylum.

"I know that you're obsessed with me." He laughed like a psycho. Which he of course was but you get the point.

"I'm not obsessed with you." I mumbled, looking down again. How did he know all of this?

"Really? Because you look for me on the news every night and YouTube everyday. I know you tried to carve a smile on your own face before" he said.
That was true. I got drunk and tried to carve a smile on my face... But I was stopped by cops. In some ways I wish they hadn't.

"You and me are... The same" he said as he used over exaggerated hand gestures.

"Look I brought you here to offer you.. A job" he said as he popped the k when he said 'look'.

"A job?" I asked, looking up as him. Can't say I wasn't curious.