Chapter 15

Harley's P.O.V

A dark figure stood in the doorway of the burst open door. His long cape dragging on the ground and his ears almost like horns.

"Batsy! just in time", i said walking over to  still screaming Dr arkham, placing the tape over his mouth which made him quiet down.

"Harleen stop this madness. The joker doesn't care about you. How long is it going to take for you to understand", batmans rough voice said.

"You're wrong bat brain! And once i get rid of you, he'll have all the time in the world for me", i said, as i clicked my fingers, signaling to ivy.

Suddenly, thick, thorny vines rose from the ground and twisted their way around the bat. He stuggled to break free, wiggling like a worm. Ivy came and stood beside me, admiring her work.

"So. Heres whats gonna happen", i said as i plonked myself down on a gasoline drum.

"Ivy and i are gonna leave and you can just stay here with Dr Arkham until you both blow up in a glaze of glory. Ok?" I said, jumping up and dusting myself off. Batman didnt say anything, he just kept stuggling. Ivy made sure that the vines were nice and tight so its gonna be hard for him to get himself outta this one. I checked the timer.

"Well theres only 2 minutes left so... Gotta run!" I said, as ivy and i ran for the door.

Mavis's P.O.V

Joker and i sped over to harley in Dr Arkhams car, joker's eyes blazing with anger.

We pulled into a side street, joker slamming on the breaks. Joker pulled a machine gun out from the back seat and got out of the car slamming the door behind himself. I followed him, a gun of my own in hand. He didnt say anything he just sped to the scene.

We soon saw an old warehouse surrounded by what looked like abandoned buildings. Harley and a red haired girl in a green body suit stood outside, staring exitedly at the warehouse.

"Harley, what have you-", joker began but got interupted by the massive explosion of the warehouse. We all fell to the ground covering our heads, rubble falling and surrounding us.

I could hear nothing other than a high pitch ringing in my ears and my heart racing. I lifted by head looking around with weary eyes. Joker was the first one on his feet. Stumbling a bit, he walked over to an unconcious harley.

The red haired girl was sitting on the ground, her head in her hands. She looked up at joker who was standing over harley. It was then that i realised who she was. She was poison ivy.

"L-leave...her alone", she stuttered.

"Stay out of this ivy, you're lucky i dont put a bullet in your head" joker growled as he picked up harley bridal style.

"We need to go, the cops will be here soon", he said to me, eyes looking at what remainded of the burned down building. He had a deep sadness in his eyes. I thought he would be happy that batman is dead.

Then realisation hit me.
Is batman dead?