Chapter 8

We sped down the road but soon we came across a jetty going into the water at the gotham beach. The beach was empty because of how rainy the day was.

The joker sped up, laughing as he did. The car soon ran out of jetty and we plunged into the water.

"When the car is completely filled with water, get out", the joker gasped. I was about to reply when a gush of water went into my face. The car was filling up pretty fast.

Soon the whole car was filled with water. I opened the car door and swam out. When I reached the surface I gasped for air. I looked around for the joker and saw him emerge from the water, he was giggling again.

The water had washed his makeup away. He looked like a normal person other than his scars and he looked younger without the makeup.

"Why the hell did you do that?", I asked giggling.

"I Dont know", he laughed hysterically. We were hiding under the jetty just in case the cops came. We heard the cops sirens speed by. They must have not seen the car since it sank so fast.

"Shit. My suit", I cussed.

"Hmm. Yeah that was not cheap, but dont worry the mob bought it", he said, heading towards the shore. I followed him and soon felt the floor beneath my feet again.

I looked at the sandy beach, there was just sand and buildings in the background.

"Well we better head back", the joker said, squeezing out his purple coat.

"Head back to what? The cops know where we live now. So...", I said. But obviously the joker always has tricks up his sleeve.

"I know that. Who do you think I am?", he laughed hysterically. I rolled my eyes. A psychopathic clown who happens to be the most dangerous man in the world.

"We may need a new car", the joker said walking towards the road.

"Im not getting into another car with you if you're going to drive it into the water", I smirked.

"Oh no,no,no. I heard Mr Arkham has a rather nice car", Said the joker, as he kicked the sand and hummed a song.

We soon reached the road and looked around for a car and soon enough an old vintage car with a trailer emerged.

"uhh, now this is my style", the joker said. The joker jumped infront of the old car and shot the driver in one swift shot. The joker ran over to the drivers side.

"Excuse me, I wanna drive", he said as he pulled the dead body out from the car. I rolled my eyes and climbed into the passengers side.

"This totally wont get us noticed", I said sarcastically.

"Well I am a man of performance", he smirked. We drove to the abandoned building to collect our makeup, guns and money. Then we drove to arkham asylum.

By the time we got there, it was 8:17 at night. Only a few street lights lit the dark road that led to the black, metal gates of arkham asylum. The joker parked the car down the road behind some bushes. We got out of the car and started walking towards the gates, hiding in the shadows.

"Hmm, this shall be interesting", the joker said with a serious face.

The gates were closed. I looked around to see if we could climb a wall or something. Suddenly we saw two bright lights on the other side of the gate.

"Hide", the joker hissed. We hid in a ditch on the side of the road. We soon enough saw a black convertible drive through the gates.

The joker quickly ran over to our car and grabbed a money bag.

"What are you doing?", I hissed.

"Watch and learn", he giggled. The convertible started slowely driving along the dark road. The joker swiftly and quickly threw the money bag at the car, causing the car to halt to a stop.

"Come on", the joker giggled.

"Why hello there doc, good to see you again", the joker teased, as he opened the door, grabbed the doc and stuck him in the boot of his own car. Doc started screaming and banging at the hood of the car but the joker just hit the car in responce.

"Dont hit my car!", i heard him shout.

"Well. heres our ride", the joker giggled as he jumped into the passanger side of the car.

"Arnt you driving?", I asked, leaning down to talk to him through the open window.

"Ive been driving enough so I believe its your turn", he said, putting his feet up on the dashboard. I gave a mini fist pump and jumped into the driver seat.

"So where are we even going?", I asked confused.

"Theres an hotel I know, hardley anyone goes there", the joker said, his head back against the seat.

"So where is this hotel?", I asked.

"You know what, it a probably easier if I drive", he said as he opened his door and got out the car. I growled and dragged myself out of the drivers seat. I was looking forward to driving that car.