I've Always Pictured the Letter 'O' as Being the Color Blue

*Abel*

At first, I had wondered how she was able to walk so easily in her heels, but then reminded myself that she had once been of high status in school, heels during that time had been a female fad.

Actually, somehow they've always been a fad.

My breath had gotten caught in my throat when I saw what she was wearing underneath her trench coat; relief swept over me in waves when I was assured that she hadn't noticed my reaction. Evelyn had taken every one of my assumptions of her, ripped them to bits, and stuffed them down my throat...or so she had me thinking so far.

The make-up she wore had been done in such a way that it made her appear older and more mature. She could have passed for 28 had I not known we were almost the same age.

It's not like I had expected her to be easy but I hadn't thought she would be as inexperienced as she seemed from her reactions when we were in closer contact; virginal even...but that seemed so impossible.

While that was my opinion based on the explicit content I've read, she did have an extensive collection of erotic lit and the sort and it would also explain why Phil was grinning like an idiot when he told me he wanted us to work together before adding something into the mix to "keep things interesting". I was already off to a bad start with her.

The feeling of being stared at as I parked as close as I could to the building drew me out of my reverie. Evelyn was eyeing me with a somewhat wary look in her eyes.

"You need to come in too, you know," She stated as she opened the car door, her bare legs gaining my attention automatically as she exited.

"Right. How about we take the elevator? It's much faster." Plus, there was less chance of her distracting me even more. I had already overlooked how he'd probably dangle her in front of me during our unannounced visit and was in the middle of cursing myself.

"Agreed." She smiled slightly before changing character.

She was Bold Eve now. Her stance and expression were completely different and an air of confidence and professionalism orbited her every move.

"You ready?" She grinned as we stepped into the elevator and were soon accompanied with a few more people.

A man I didn't recognize appeared to know her and initiated a conversation with her, starting with a question about some manuscripts and time restrictions. Turned out, he was new to the place and she had volunteered to teach him the ropes and assist him whenever he had forgotten something. Unlike a lot of other companies, the employees here were encouraged to work in groups and help one another out. They were even required to interact with one another in certain activities- like coming up with new programs or budgets rather than having a single person work it all out.

Naturally, as a man standing behind a woman in body flattering attire, my eyes wandered; admiring the visible curve of her rear and hips under her fitted dress. Every time my eyes found exposed skin my hand twitched eagerly with the desire to touch her.

Then I got a text.

I can feel you staring at me and I am growing uncomfortable. Stop it. I couldn't help but grin broadly.

You can take it from your coworkers but not from me?

I'm a different case, Fred is the only guy I actually interact with here aside from Phil. Looks from these people are easy to ignore but you are new and I happen to know what thoughts are residing with the looks you give me.

Aren't you an employee here?

Yes and no. I get paid and work for Phil while I help Fred along as requested. He rarely has any issues here now. No one here even knows I'm Beirman aside from you and Phil. It keeps the whole 'secret identity' thing an actual secret.