[Bonus Chapter] And a Happy Lazy Holiday to You Too

Hey, all...I know I haven't updated this in ages but I've been going through crap and didn't want to try forcing myself to write because it would end up all funky and depressing and whatnot.

This is the third installment of the Lochellen and Philip side romance and for those that have been following it, you know the rules.

I'd apologize but I'm not at fault for life tying my focus away from my love of writing. School is a top priority.

-AZA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Lochellen~Rewind back to New Years Eve~

Philip jogged over to me bundled up in a black coat and pea green scarf, looking like he just came out of a winter magazine...or a meeting.

"Hey," He was out of breath and stopped in front of the table, stooping forward to catch his breath before sitting down. Smokers shouldn't run when it wasn't a normal activity for them."Not late, am I?" We were in a fast food place and I had brought in two steaming hot lattes for when he got back.

"You're timing is just fine. Coffee?" I pushed one forward as I shook my head with a smile. This was simply an example of how human he was whilst also thriving to be on time whether it was a date or something work related. The two seemed to have mutual importance to him and I liked that about him.

He wasn't like Dad.

"You're my savior." He ruffled the cold from his hair still shivering before bringing the cup to his lips, sputtering a little when the heat hit his tongue. I found myself torn between concern and amusement.

"Careful it's hot. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I deserved that. I was so eager to get some warmth that I didn't think it'd still be so hot."

"So, how'd it go?"

"Way too drawn out, but very well. I'm well known for my patience. Shall we go?" With a short nod and a kiss of greeting, we were off to his place. I had ventured here from home because I had to pick up a few more things that I hadn't thought I'd need only to later find I would; a bunch of craft supplies.

I had taken notice of that after he hadn't asked to come in after our third date...or any date after that. Did he have no interest in a sexual relationship or was he simply traditional in some way?

I'd even been over at his house for winter vacation, but between my mountains of homework and even a project and his work, we hadn't had all that much time to spend together. At the same time I wasn't exactly ready to jump into bed with him...sexually.

Even if I had been I didn't want to risk making him feel uncomfortable in some way or something by requesting we have sex. Phil had already been shocked by my willingness to spend this time with him while my parents were vacationing up in Scotland with Dad's family.

By the time he got back some nights we were both too exhausted in some way to commit the act anyway, but he always held me close to him while we slept. Perhaps he had thought me desperate or lonely when I had accepted his request. All the same, there was a voice in the back of my head reminding me that he was new to normal dating.

He hadn't even asked me to be his girlfriend yet...had he just assumed that we were together now?

"That's good then." Then I changed my line of sight to out the window." It's still weird that it doesn't snow almost every day in the winter here." It hadn't snowed on Christmas this year.

"Do you like the snow?"

"It's more like I'm used to it. Think it'll snow tonight?" I inquired once we were inside and seated at his dining room table while the heat soaked through the layer of cold in our clothes.