Chapter 16

~{Chapter 16}~

"Thank you so much for everything, Matt. It means a lot to me," I say as I hug him goodbye.

I am at the airport, getting ready to fly back home. As he promised, he brought me. He even took me to breakfast. I feel sad to leave, but it is reassuring to know we are on good terms.

He pulls back to look at me and says, "I'm going to come see you when I make it big."

"Why just then?" I ask.

He smiles. "You told me yesterday you believed I could have a hit. I'm going to have a hit the next time I see you."

"Flight 37 is now boarding," someone announces.

I smile. "Well, I guess I'll see you whenever you've accomplished that. I'll miss you."

I give him one last hug before boarding my plane. I look out the window and say goodbye to the beautiful city that has shown me so much. As the plane takes off, I close my eyes and process everything that happened while I was on my trip.

It was a great trip for me. Beth was right. I needed this closure and to find my joy again. I know it is not my fault. I know I will be okay because I know I will see him again. I am finally able to open my eyes and see that this whole situation will be turned into something great.

I ponder all of these things, and it makes my flight seem extremely short. Soon enough, I am finally back in South Hart, and I can not wait to go see Beth and Violet to tell them what I have learned.

The first person I see is Violet because I stop in Mrs. Tucker's Diner to get some actual food to fill my empty stomach, and Violet happens to be in there.

"Violet!" I exclaim as soon as I see her.

She smiles at me and gives me a warm hug. "To what do I owe this happy greeting?"

I smile at her and say, "Thank you. You were so right about me needing to stop blaming myself! God has worked wonders in me, and I can finally look at myself in the mirror."

"I'm so happy for you!" she tells me with tears in her eyes.

"I owe a lot to you," I say.

She smiles and shakes off my compliment. "God just places the people we need where we need them and when we need them."

I nod and say goodbye to her, taking my food with me as I hurry to the office where I am greeted by my kind employees who welcome me back. I say hello to all of them with a smile full of true joy.

I hurry to Beth's office and find myself interrupting something between the guy named Sam and her.

"Kate! I didn't expect you to be here this soon," Beth says with a red face as Sam turns around and looks at me.

I smile and ignore their blushing faces. "I needed to tell you something, but I can come back later. It looks like y'all are talking about something important."

Beth tries to stop me, but I hurry out of her office and to my office so I can give them some much needed privacy. I walk into my office and see Mr. Parker on the phone. He smiles at me and gestures for me to sit down.

"I'm sorry for your concern, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. I'll have Miss Garner call you tomorrow. Have a nice day," he says before hanging up.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"One of the contenders for another editor. She's worried she won't be able to have her interview before you make a choice on who to hire," he explains.