Chapter 22

Hi guys! Thanks for reading, and I just want to let y'all know that my new book Finding Me has been posted! If you want to read a teen fiction novel please go check it out :).

Point out any mistakes :)

_________________________

~{Chapter 22}~

A year. It has been a year since I talked to Matt or even watched any of his interviews. I still watch his performances because I support him in what he does, no matter how far off he is from the right path. He might not care about me, but I still care about him.

Life has continued. Beth is happier than ever with Sam, and even Josh seems to be happy. He has managed to become friends with Beth and Sam. Though, it still might be slightly awkward between them, but they seem to be enjoying the new found friendship.

I went through James' second anniversary, but it was much easier than last time. I did not get to visit his grave, but I did manage to find a way to honor him. I said yes to singing at a special event in South Hart for families who have lost loved ones in the military.

Singing has always been more of a hobby, and I stopped singing when I went to New York City, but I figured I needed to honor the families who have been through what I have have been through.

My branch is also going extremely well. I have edited and published more books than I thought possible. We have even begun expansion because of how busy it is and how large it has become. I am able to say God has blessed me beyond what I thought was possible.

So, as I look at myself in my bathroom mirror, I can truly say I am happy and blessed to be where I am. Despite my worries, I have become a new person who is able to take on the world and the things life throws at me because I know God is by my side.

I curl my now dark brown hair and listen to the music my phone is playing. When I finish curling it, I run my fingers through it to loosen the curls. I put on my makeup and walk out of the bathroom to get dressed.

I pull out one of my newer outfits and put it on. The outfit consists of a black pencil skirt with a matching blazer, and a deep blue blouse. When I finish, I go downstairs and eat breakfast before heading to the office.

I get to the office and am bombarded by things I have to do. I get busy with my work, and time flies by. Before I know it, it is time for my lunch break.

I am eating my salad when my cellphone rings. "Hello?"

"Kate Garner, I never thought I would ever hear your voice again," Mr. Parker's voice says to me.

I laugh. "Hello. How have you been?"

"I've been alright. What about you? I haven't talked to my favorite editor and publisher in how long? Oh, don't tell anyone I said that."

I laugh. "A little over a year, and I won't. I've been doing fine. Just work and other things."

He sighs. "I've been thinking about coming to South Hart for a vacation with my wife. We can't stay in this bustling city for too long without going crazy, but I don't know if we have the time."

"That's quite understandable," I reply.

"I may bring my son if we do indeed come. I think he needs a break. You know, he's blown up in the last year, and I can't say it's exceptionally good for him. I know he's a grown man, but he's been acting quite childish lately."

My face falls at the mention of Matt, but I try to cheerfully say, "I'm sure he's fine."

"Have you talked to him recently?"