The stubborn fox

(Y/n) had a very wonderful time yesterday, but then again, she noticed that her dad was not searching for her.

"I don't care, I have Nanami and the others, I have a new family."thought (y/n) to herself. (Y/n) knew that she would not see her father again, but she didn't care, because if her dad doesn't care about her, she does not mind him either. (Y/n) knew that her horrible life was left behind, and another new life was waiting for her. A new life full of adventures.

"(Y/n)! I need you here this instant!" Yelled Nanami from her room.

"I'm coming!"Replied (y/n).

"Do you need something, Nanami?"asked (y/n) popping through the door.

"You should start the friendship project with Tomoe, I'm counting on you to become friends with Tomoe, got it?! It will be hard tough...he is a fox yokai, and everyone knows that foxes are stubborn, okay? Try your best, got it?!" Said Nanami with a desperate face.

"Umm, I'll do my best, Nanami, I promise..."Said (y/n) in a weak voice.
Tomoe seemed to overhear the conversation of the girls.

"No way am I becoming friends with a human, I can bearly stand Nanami, why stand another anoying human girl?"Tomoe kept questioning himself.

"What should I do, what should I do?!" Asked (y/n) with a lot of thoughts stuck inside her head.
"How do I become friendly with a stubborn fox?! Like I said before, I should stay on Tomoe's good side, that might make him think I'm a cool person, and we will have a nice friendly relationship... perfect! Thought (y/n).

(Y/n) POV

I decided to start talking to Tomoe. I knew I had to be able to keep my promise to Nanami.

"H-hey Tomoe, need help with the chores or something?" I asked trying not to make my voice sound like a squeal.
Tomoe seemed a little irritated, but I decided to keep on trying. "I know how to cook, I could help you do dinner for tonight." I said with a big grin on my face.

Tomoe's POV

"Poor human girl." I thought. Trying to become my friend. I feel sorry for her, she really is trying hard to have friendship with me. Too bad that's not happening.

"No, I'm fine (y/n), I don't need your help, besides, I don't want the snake to think I'm a useless familiar (shinshi)." I said trying to give her an intimidating look.

"But...your not the one that's gonna look useless, it's me who will look dumb, weak, and useless...I want to be useful at this shrine, I don't want to be a nuisance, and I have to repay you'all somehow for letting me stay here." Said (y/n) with a sad look.

"I can't believe this girl! No! I can't let a simple human girl convince me..." I thought.

"P-please, I would be more than honored to help a great familiar do such hard tasks, besides, you should be tired right now, right?" Said (y/n) in a disturbingly tempting tone in her voice.

"I...I dont need your assistance (y/n), I'm fine, now, if you'll excuse me, I have to finish my duties." I said.
That was so close. (Y/n) is clever when it comes to tempting, but she can't fool me! I'm Tomoe, the great fox yokai familiar, I need no help from a girl! That weak human...!

(Y/n) POV

"That was so close..."I thought with disappointment.
But I will not give up, I made a promise to Nanami, and I will not fail. Besides, the friendship project with the fox has only just begun. I was making an evil smile, and Mizuki thought I was having a seizure......

"Are you okay, (y/n)?"asked Mizuki in chibi mode.

"Ugh...I'm fine..." I said with an embarrassed look.

"That fox...he will have to give in...someday..."I thought.