Not giving up

"Nanami, Tomoe is so freakin stubborn!" Said (y/n) with watery eyes. "That fox...!" She continued with stress.

"Don't worry (y/n), you'll figure out a way to win the friendship of Tomoe." Said Nanami with disappointment.

"Nanami, may I ask you something?" Asked (y/n).

"Uh, sure, what is it?"Said Nanami.

"Why do you care for Tomoe so much?" Asked (y/n) with suspicion in her face.

"U-uh...I..." Nanami was having a hard time with answering (y/n)'s question.

"You have feelings for Tomoe, right Nanami?"asked (y/n) staring at Nanami.

"(Y/n), she's giving me a smile, but, her eyes say she has disappointment and sadness inside her."thought Nanami.

"I-I do, but, he shows no interest in me...I dont care, but I still can't stop having feelings for Tomoe." Said Nanami trying to be careful with her words.

"I see......well, he should have feelings for you too." Said (y/n) with a grin.

"Well, I'll go read some manga..." Said (y/n).

(Y/n)'s POV

So I went to my room. I understood that Nanami and Tomoe had a very special relationship, and I could not get in the way. I respect both Nanami and Tomoe.

"I decided that I wanted to keep on trying to become friendly with Tomoe no matter what. I will not give up." I thought.

"Hey (y/n), how are you doing, lost in thoughts again?"asked Mizuki peeking through the door of my room.

"Uh...hey Mizuki."I said trying to give him a smile.

What's wrong (y/n), are you upset or something?"He asked.

"Umm, I'm-" than I got an excellent idea.

"Uh, Mizuki, Tomoe loves sake, right?" I asked.

"Umm, yes, why?"asked Mizuki with a confused expression.

"Can you teach me how to make sake for Tomoe?!" I asked with my sparkly eyes.

"Uh, okay, but, (y/n), why are you interested in getting Tomoe's attention?" Said Mizuki with a suspicious look.

"I do, but don't get it the wrong way, Nanami wants me to become friends with Tomoe so he can have a friendly relationship with a human besides her." I said trying to explain to Mizuki carefully.

"Okay then, lessons for making sake start now!"said Mizuki.

We went to the kitchen and Mizuki got a journal, he said his recipe was secret, but that he trusted me, and the reason I needed to make sake was pure.

"Mizuki!!! You dumb snake!" We could hear Tomoe's voice and his strong footsteps coming at us.

"You were suppost to listen to the peoples' prayers this time, hurry up!" Yelled Tomoe.

"But, but I'm helping (y/n)-" Then Mizuki got interupted.

"What?! Your helping (y/n) do sake, she doesn't even have the age to drink sake yet!"Tomoe kept yelling.

"But (y/n) is trying to do sake for-" Mizuki got interupted once more.

"Just do something important for once in your lifetime, you stupid snake!" Yelled Tomoe. I can't take this anymore, Tomoe shouldn't yell at poor Mizuki.

"S-stop it! Leave Mizuki alone!"I yelled to Tomoe.

Mizuki's POV

I looked at (y/n) in surprise, just like Tomoe did.

"You human! Don't interfere!"Yelled Tomoe.

"Stop! I'll go do what you asked me to do, but don't speak to (y /n) like that!" I yelled.

I left and made sure that (y/n) was following the instructions for making sake.

In my opinion, I don't think that fox deserves anything.

Tomoe's POV

I was then left alone with (y/n), it was silent.

"I-Im sorry...Tomoe...." Said (y/n) with tears in her (e/c) eyes.

I slowly started to calm down.

For some reason, I couldn't stand looking at (y/n) crying.

"D-don't cry over the littlest things" I said giving her a pat on her head.

"I apologize for my rude act... (y/n)...." I finally said.

I...care for this girl...? No, I know already that I have feelings for Nanami...right...?

(Y/n)'s POV

Tomoe left and I now stood there....frozen. I can't allow myself to fall for Tomoe...it's a friendship I want with him, not a romance......right?

I rubbed my eyes and continued doing the sake.

Because like I said before....

...

...

...

I am not giving up!