nine

Niall Horan

I'm here, in Anna's car, on the way to her house.

Finally.

After being trapped in an airplane, all alone with just my thoughts for more than 5 hours, it was enough to drive anyone crazy.

Even the fact that the airplane had in-flight WiFi didn't help at all. It allowed me to read through millions of love messages, tons of hate messages, and even some messages about Anna.

No one really knows who she is yet, so all anyone can say about her is that she's a young and lucky *insert bad word here.*

Which isn't bad, considering everything else out there.

Some say that she doesn't deserve me.

That's nonsense, and they're just jealous. I understand that part, at least. If anything, I don't deserve her, and anti-fans have pointed that out too.

But being with Anna helps me forget all of it. She can cheer me up, make me laugh, and see the bright side of every situation, no matter how ridiculous or heartbreaking.

The odd thing is, everyone who knows me says that's how I am too.

I guess they just haven't met Anna yet.

Because I think she may be the one. The one I've waited for my whole life for.

Well, at least my 19 years of life.

It's true, I don't know what true love is and have no idea if Anna is the one.

But what I do know is that B I'll do whatever it takes to find out.

Once we're a long distance away from the airport, maybe about an hour, I can't help but feel a bit hungry.

When am I not, though?

But how do I bring it up to her? I've never had this problem before, and I guess that's my fault.

I'm always too shy to talk to girls, and my bandmates usually have to speak up for me.

I mentally curse myself for not being like Harry or Zayn, with enough charm and confidence to get girls to do whatever they want.

That sounds wrong. I take it back.

But it's FOOD. Food is my pride and joy, while cats and mirrors may have been theirs.

If food was a subject, it'd definitely be my favorite.

I can definitely do this.

Right?

Anna Holden

Nearing the exit to my house, I can't help but feel like someone is watching me. I've had my driver's license for almost a year now, and it still feels strange to be driving.

I have no clue why.

But maybe it's because a certain 19-almost-20-year-old teenage boy keeps glancing at me, almost daring me to lose focus on the road.

I'm not very good with distractions.

At a stoplight, I finally look over at him. "You wanna drive or something, Niall?"

Niall looks a bit sheepish replying. "I... Can't. But... I was wondering if we could get some food, maybe?"

I can tell he is trying to be polite, because usually he can blurt out randomly that he's hungry, at any given time.

Like refusing to answer serious questions, for example.

"Yeah, of course. Want me to make you some food when we get back?" I turn my attention from the road into his eyes at the stoplight.

As soon as I say this, Niall's blue eyes light up with excitement.

The light turns green and I turn my attention back to the road.

"Would you? I LOVEEE YOUUU!" Niall exclaims louder than necessary, grinning from ear to ear.

I just laugh, pulling my white Honda into the driveway of my gray house ten seconds later. "Umm, here we are."

Helping Niall gather all his belongings together, I wonder what is going through his head. He looks happy, amazed, puzzled, awestruck, and excited at the same time.

"A penny for your thoughts, Mr. Horan?" I ask him jokingly, mocking a British accent like the ones I already love.

One Direction, four British boys. Plus Niall, their bit of Irish charm.

Niall starts cracking up, dropping everything grasped in his hands onto the concrete.

But, it wasn't even that funny...

Typical "#Nianna," some could say.

Making some more small talk, I lead Niall into the house and begin searching through the fridge throughly to find some good food for us to eat.

There's like a million things in this kitchen. He should have no problem finding at least SOMETHING.

"OREOS!" Niall grabs what I believe to be the first thing he sees, and snickers when glancing at the 1D-VIP packaging.

It happens to be the same packaging in which I was able to met One Direction in the first place.

Sounds pretty strange, but true.

I owe Nabisco so much.

I laugh, "Niall, be careful, those are pretty old-"

Too late. He's already eaten about four of them.

Swallowing, Niall glanced around like he finally realizes where he is. "I love your house. It's so charming."

"Thanks?" I'm never sure what people mean when they say stuff like that.

Niall laughs again, uncontrollably. His laugh is so clear, effortless, and ridiculously contagious.

Within a matter of seconds, we're both engulfed in laughter with no way out.

"C'mon. Let's cook you some real food." I chuckle, recovering.

"Okay." He smiles, agreeing with me.

I'm not entirely sure how we ended up on the floor, but I stand up and offer a hand to Niall. He takes it gratefully and as soon as he's standing on two feet, he heads to the freezer.

"Pizza?" He gives me the drop-dead puppy dog look, the one all of the boys of One Direction seem to be gifted with, gesturing to the healthy frozen flatbread pizza.

Eh, it's easy enough.

I nod, cracking a smile. "Of course, you're the guest. Anything else?"

He shakes his head, clutching the package of Oreos close to his heart. "No, Oreos are fine."

"I'll make you sausages." I decide, grabbing a pot and a frozen package of sausages. My mom loves frozen food, and I don't blame her.

He hands the pizza over and I preset the oven to the correct temperature.

Based on what's happened so far, we'd make an excellent cooking team.

Filling the pot with water and the sausages, I start to prepare the food for Niall.

Niall creeps up behind me, startling me a bit. "Can I help with anything else, love? I promise I won't eat anything yet."

I chuckle at his statement. "You better not. Good luck with food poisoning."

Niall looks at me with a horrified expression and I think I may have gone too far.

"I'll be fine, Niall. Make yourself at home and turn on a game or something. Please?" I try my own puppy dog look and he gives in easily.

Niall, Niall, Niall. What am I going to do with you?