thirty-seven

Niall Horan

"What should we watch?"

Everyone is gone. Zayn with Perrie, Louis with Eleanor, Harry and Liam with their dates, and me. With Anna.

I finally get some alone time with her. Everyone always surrounds her; it's impossible to get a single word in sometimes.

"I dunno, you tell me." I tell Anna, just smiling.

"Being carefree totally has its benefits." Anna rolls her eyes, grinning at me from the sofa.

"Sometimes." I smirk. "Not always."

"Hunger Games?"

"Sure."

"Now You See Me?"

"Sure."

"Blue's Clues? C'mon, you have to reject one." She teases as I join her on the couch and pull her closer.

"Let's do Now You See Me. I've seen the Hunger Games too many times."

"Okay." She beams, going to set it up in the DVD system.

"Lucky you know how to work the TV," I crack a grin. "We always have Liam do it."

"Useful knowledge, Horan." Anna jokes, returning to my side and her head rests on my shoulder as it begins.

I brush a strand of her glossy dark brown hair off her face and smile at her absorbed expression.

She said she wasn't ready, last night.

But God knows I am.

I'm a bad person to be thinking these thoughts, I know. But I just can't help myself.

"I've been thinking about... Us." Anna says, pausing about ten mintues into the movie. The movie itself is kind of boring, but interesting in the same way.

"Me too."

If only she knew how much. She is the girl I've been waiting my whole life for.

I... I think I know now.

Anna is my everything. Maybe it's enough. Maybe a month since I met her, thirty days kept in contact with each other, only two weeks spent together, and nineteen more hours in the same house is enough for me to fall in love.

It scares me, how quickly it happened.

But I am glad it did.

Anna Holden, eighteen years old. The image of pure beauty, inside and out.

I've found her. The girl I will give, gladly, everything I can, to make her stay with me.

Anna takes a few slow moments before responding. "No... I mean... About how lucky I am. Out of everyone, you choose me."

"Words can't explain how lucky I feel." I whisper truthfully.

"I should have offered you everything, from square one. I-I didn't even realize..." She chokes, burying her face in my shoulder. "I never knew it would go this far. I-I didn't know you were serious. And now it's our last night, and we have no time left..."

"Shhhh. No, you don't have to give me everything. You have no obligation to give me everything. Anna, I'm here for you. I always will be." I coax, eyes becoming a bit watery myself. "Even if I'm miles away. I will pick up every phone call. I guarantee it."

"I don't want to be a huge impact on your life. Your fans need you." She continues, dabbing her beautiful brown eyes on her shirt. "But I want you to be the biggest impact on mine. Always."