twenty-one

Niall Horan

I watch from a well-chosen angle as Anna chases Louis down the "field", or more like the open space in front of Harry's bungalow. The lads are also playing, and they're pretty reasonably matched.

None of us come close to Louis and Anna when it comes to football skills, though. I'm incredibly lucky to have her on my team, because Harry isn't much help.

Along with discovering that Anna was good at football, I learned that the others also have strong relationships with Anna. I don't know why this shocked me so much--I knew that they keep in touch with her--but I didn't know that they talk to her as much as I do.

Maybe it's her personality, but regardless of why I'm pretty sure all of them have positive feelings towards her.

As a friend, though. If it's more than that, then at least I'd be the only fortunate one to say that she's mine.

Which is why I'm still caught in a daydream thinking about her, how she's my girlfriend, and how amazingly flawless she is, in the middle of the "field".

No one's perfect, but she is to me. She's so beautiful, all the time and everywhere, inside and out.

She catches my eye by her shiny hair flowing behind her, her thin body easily maneuvering to counteract Louis's sudden changes in direction.

But, wow, everything about her is breathtaking. Her beautiful dark hair, carefree, but responsible and trustworthy personality, and love of food is more than enough for me to call her perfect.

And if others can't see how perfect she is, then too bad for them.

"Niall, heads up!" Anna warns me, passing the ball in my direction, and I kick it past Zayn into the makeshift goal.

It's pure luck that I was paying even the slightest bit of attention, or else that wouldn't have happened.

"TIME!" Eleanor yells from the sidelines. She can be surprisingly loud and crazy for how gentle and innocent she looks.

I do feel bad for her, though. She has to put up with so much hate just to be with Louis.

I never want that to happen with Anna and I. She's too amazing to be put through that.

Not that Eleanor isn't perfect for Louis, but all of us get annoyed with her after awhile. Same with Danielle, Perrie, and any other random girl Harry decides to bring home.

But I know that Anna is different than the rest. Maybe it's just because I finally have my own relationship, but I know that I have chosen a very special girl, one that might make all the other lads wish they were me.

Not that I would want that to happen, of course. But I had a strange feeling that it will.

Harry Styles

Anna's happy. Niall's happy.

I think it's safe to say that Operation Ask-Out worked.

As I watched them together, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of regret. Was it just a coincidence that Niall happened across the finest girl in the world?