thirty-six

Niall Horan

She's all mine tonight.

Her kindness. Compassion. Humor. Tender innocence.

All mine.

Including her beautiful hair, perfect face, and tanned legs. Tank top, jeans, sneakers.

Take that, Harry and Zayn.

And Management.

Anna Holden

"Please tell me where we're going." Louis begs, blocking my way from the bathroom into the kitchen.

He has become cheerier lately, God knows why.

I'm happy to have old Louis back, though.

He even made the effort to arrange a Skype chat this morning with his siblings so I could get to know them. He says I should meet them for real one day, but for now the Skype call is enough.

I agree. We'll have to give it time.

Lottie and Fizzy seemed really nice, excited at the thought of having another sister. But I bet they will be disappointed when they find out I'm not into the whole "hair-and-makeup" thing.

Daisy and Phoebe were too shy to talk to me, which I understand. If I just recently found out I had another older sister, I'd be scared too.

I didn't get the chance to "meet" his mom. She appeared for about a second, only to retrieve the younger twins.

Louis said she could be uptight at times, but she would always come around.

I hope he's right.

I glance over Louis's muscular shoulder at the wall clock twenty paces to the right of the shared desktop and gasp.

It's near 3 o'clock now. 10 o'clock back home.

During the car ride with the seven people who have become my life, I actually made time to call my own family in Cleveland. Everything's working itself out slowly for my sister's wedding, although she is indecisive about the venue.

Again.

And it's just a venue.

I don't get the big deal about it. It used to be:  you're Catholic, you get married in a church.

But still, I offered to help narrow the options by choosing locations and flowers that correspond with the to-be-announced theme.

Takes a whole lot off people's shoulders, I know.

Seeing as I am the most harmony-seeking one, I suppose it's only right.

Even after my pep-talk with Niall, I still felt odd. Like part of me should be helping Liam.

So I had gone back and advised him on how to style his hair, although I have no idea about hair or fashion. And apparently, neither does Liam.

Luckily Louis's girlfriend is an expert. She quickly took over, helping him instead of getting ready for her own date.

I admire that. Luckily, there's no preparations needed for Niall and I's date, considering we're the only ones staying here.

But, Niall. Where is Niall?

Liam said he's taking a nap, but considering all the bedrooms are empty, I don't know where he is now.

"Where you're going is a surprise." I roll my eyes at Louis, pushing my way past him and into the heavenly-smelling area.

"I'm making dinner." Harry answers all my mouthwatering questions in one sentence.

"It smells amazing." I say truthfully.

He laughs. "You're not going to ask why I'm making dinner at 3 PM?"

"Err, was I supposed to?"

"Suppose not, Annabelle." He turns back to his masterpiece.

"My name's not Annabelle." I crack a smile at his antics, reaching across his tanned arms for an Oreo. "Are you making dessert, too?"

"Yup. Chocolate cake."

"Oh, Harry, I love you. Have an Oreo." I joke as I pop it into his open mouth.

"Love you, too." He manages, chewing on the large object and swallowing.

"I guess I'll rephrase my question." Louis clears his throat from behind us, and we turn, grinning, to face him. "Where are we going?"

"Two words: Yellow. Broom."

"Whoa. That place is a--" Harry lights up again.

"I'm not stupid, I know what you mean." Louis sniffs. "You're not telling me."

"Actually, the Yellow Broom is a--"

"Anna, there you are! Sorry to be a bother, but can you help--" Eleanor says, immediately stopping at Louis's bitter expression. She quickly catches on, "Actually, it'd be helpful to know where we're going first..."

Louis gives her a wink and she returns it.

Wait, what was that?

"It's not a big deal. Go get ready, E-El." Louis says, oddly flustered.

"Okay." El replies quietly, pivoting on her three-inch heels back into the hall.

"Mate?" Harry asks him uncertainly.

"Yeah?" Louis responds quickly, staring him down.

Harry gives up. "Never mind."

"Have fun, guys." I laugh, grabbing another Oreo. "Well, whatever you do, don't spill the beans, Harry."

"What?" He looks genuinely confused. "I poured them into the pot already..."

"That was terrible, Anna." Liam chuckles, grabbing his sports jacket from the sofa. "Well, I'm off, Haz, you coming?"

"One second."

He holds up a finger and removes his apron, revealing a form-fitting black t-shirt.

"Date?" Louis asks quickly.

"Yup. Make up with Eleanor, will you?" Harry smiles hopefully.

"Hopefully."

I can't contain my grin as I leave for the master bathroom. If tonight is our last night, why not make it a good one?

"Where. Are. We. Going?" Eleanor gasps as I enter the room.

"Think formal. Blue, maybe."

She chuckles, pulling out a sheer blue dress from her travel bag. "This?"

"How do you happen to have a perfect dress with you at all times?" I start, realizing that I have the one Niall bought for me tucked away in my own suitcase.

"Who doesn't?" She smiles softly. "Look, you know I'm only doing this because..."

"You know it's right?" I offer hopefully, due to Louis's attitude earlier.

She applies a bit of blush onto her newly tanned cheeks. "Not really. It's because I trust you."

"Wow. What an odd concept." I mutter, she just giggles.

"No, really, though. You're the nicest person I've met since dating Louis." Eleanor continues. "And even though you are seventeen--no, eighteen, now--you're my best friend."

"Aww, El." I immediately hug her and she hugs back. "I feel the same way."

Eleanor beams back at me, returning to her hair. "Did you know Zayn and Perrie already left? Such a romantic. He said he had something big planned."

"Well, let's hope it ends in his favor, then." I laugh, fully at peace for the first time in awhile.