ten

Niall Horan

Usually I'd go crazy for a good game, but not right now.

All I have in my mind is one person who you can surely figure out in less than one second.

I reach for the Samsung TV remote and put on my favorite American basketball team, the Miami Heat.

I wasn't lying to Anna--her house is very charming.

But what I forgot to mention is that it already felt like my second home.

Is that wrong or what?

"Niall, your food is--what are you watching?" Anna asks, peering from the archway in between the kitchen and the main room, almost dropping a few plates.

"The Heat." I tell her, helping her carry in the various foods she made onto the wooden coffee table next to the brown leather sofa.

Anna's face goes pale, struck by some invisible force I have no clue of. "Be careful what you say around here- people hate the Heat, but yeah, the rest are okay."

I raise my eyebrows. "Why?" Almost none of the girls I've ever met have a clue about basketball.

Well. I guess that includes Ed Sheeran.

Anna sits down next to me on the couch and sighs. "Doesn't matter. Some Cleveland thing. Anyways, dig in!"

Happily, I begin to taste the pizza, then the macaroni, then the sausages. They are all amazingly prepared and taste perfect.

"Wow, did you make all this?" I managed to ask Anna between mouthfuls, awestruck.

"Frozen food is amazing, I know," she grins, "but I'd be glad to make you something else anytime."

Wow. She's seventeen old and she can already cook better food than Liam. I remember the last time he tried to bake something in the microwave.

Poor food. What did it ever do to him?

We continue to watch the game until almost all the food was gone. Satisfied, Anna leans back against me and we settle in.

It feels so right.

I clear my throat and began another conversation. "So... When are your folks coming home?"

"Well, one of my sisters is married, and the other one is in college. My mom's with her boyfriend on vacation at the moment." Anna explains, a glint of happiness in her eyes.

I can't help but get the impression that she is glad to be away from her family for the weekend.

But also... We're alone.

Anna Holden

Wow. No guy has ever asked me about my family before. Ever.

It's usually all about them. But here we have a member from the biggest boyband in the world, adoring by many screaming fans (almost all teenage girls), asking about me.

"Oh..." He nods quickly, then gives a small smile.

I notice that Niall is a bit more quiet and gentle without the others. I somewhat understand--they are all like brothers and love each other to the moon and back.

For Niall, it must be like a part of him wandering somewhere else.

Or in this case, four.

It's an adorable concept. One day, I want to love someone that much, maybe without even realizing it.

I relax next to Niall, watching the next few points on screen pile up.

At the next commercial, Niall immediately hits mute. I turn my attention to him as he sets the remote back down, breaking the silence.

"Anna, I was wondering... I know this is sudden, but would you like to come to Ireland with me?" Niall blurts out quickly, but I can still make out everything he said.

"Wait... You're serious?" I ask in disbelief.

He nods, nervously awaiting my response.

"YES!" I tell Niall enthusiastically, taking him completely by surprise. "I've always wanted to go to Ireland!"

Niall's face breaks out into a grin. "Thank God."

"Thank you so much!" I beam.

I'm sure my mother will be happy with this arrangement, even if she doesn't know anything about Niall. She would hate for me to be alone at home during my winter break.

Yes, it took her awhile to agree to let him stay here while she is away, but she trusts me.

Luckily.

He continues, each word bringing more excitement. "We leave in two days, stay in Mullingar for two days, then everyone's meeting back at Harry's house."

I can't stop smiling. I just can't.

"How'd you know I'd say yes?" I ask him, completely amazed. Does he really know me that well already?

"I-I didn't?" He looks just as confused as I do. "I-I was just hoping..."

"Well, you're gonna have to help me pack then." I tease, taking a sip from my water glass.

Niall beams again. "Looking forward to it, love. Although I don't know that much about clothes."

I laugh, "Neither do I."