twenty-six

Anna Holden

"PARTY SHOPPING!" Eleanor yells, jumping up and down in front of the grocery store. Her enthusiasm suggests that her fight with Louis didn't faze her one bit, but I know better.

Louis, her less exuberant boyfriend, rubs his eyes and groans. He definitely looked tired.

I wonder how long he slept, or when he went to bed. Or if he ever went to bed.

We all made a mutual decision to be lazy and slept in later than usual, arranged by Harry. Perrie and Zayn and Louis and Eleanor took the double beds and he took the single, making Liam, Niall, and I sleep on the floor in the main room.

We all slept in late--well, at least four of us did. Eleanor went to bed early and woke up early to do her makeup, effortlessly covering up her blotchy eyes and saddened state.

So, let's sleep in until eleven and not tell Louis, yeah?

"Right." Liam glances at his notepad and begins to dole out missions for today. "Alright, we're gonna go off in pairs, each getting different lists. Stay with your partner and don't wander off!"

Harry begins to snicker and Liam gives him the evil eye.

"We'll be together?" Niall nudges me slightly, looking up hopefully.

Who could say no to Niall? Honestly.

"No, come with me, Anna! You remind me of my sisters." Louis grabs my arm, pulling me away from Niall, probably to assure that he wouldn't be paired with Eleanor, at least not on his own. I did feel bad for him, being blamed by the woman he loves over something he can't control.

And it was kind of my fault he was in this mess all the same.

"Well, what if she reminds me of Waliyha?" Zayn protests, for the sake of protesting.

"What are you protesting for? You have a girlfriend!" Eleanor retorts, aimed at both Zayn and Louis.

"Either way, Anna reminds me of her own lovely charming self." Harry smiles.

"She reminds me of my girlfriend." Niall says thoughtfully, simply adding to the pile. "Oh, wait- she IS."

"Pulling the girlfriend card, eh?" Liam chuckles. "Lads, I think Niall just won."

"No fair!" Zayn, Harry, and Louis all yell in unison.

I pause. I have to be fair to everyone, but I also have to be true to myself.

My heart is telling me to go one way, and my brain is telling me to go another.

Because this can result in four different ways, one of which could prevent someone getting murdered.

Mentally, of course. But still.

Inhaling the cool scent of new groceries, I choose wisely, taking extra care to pick the one I am sure that the entire fandom would be lost without.

I can't let them ruin their entire relationship over something so stupid.

It will have to begin with talking some sense into Louis, which could be a challenge.

No offense to him or anything, but sometimes he can be a bit stubborn.

"Ummm... Louis, let's go." I decide finally.

"YES!" Louis does some sort of victory dance, which ends up being horrendous.

None of them, with or without their professional training, can dance even the slightest bit, apart from the simple moves they've created.