fourteen

Anna Holden

At long last, I open my eyes and grasp the cold sheet next to me. Empty.

Sitting up, a million questions flood into my brain.

Where's Niall?

And the guest room? How'd I get here?

I squint into the sunlight streaming in through the small blinds and glance at the clock.

Gasping, I soon realize that it's 11:30. I never allow myself to sleep in this late.

Dashing to my own room, the memories came flooding back. Thank goodness.

I grab my phone from where I left it last and notice I have 2% battery left.

It must have been on all night, flooded with messages.

Right. Sarah leaked my phone number.

I should probably talk to her and get to the bottom of this.

Later, maybe. Right now I have to figure out where Niall went.

I check my reflection in the mirror, fix my hair, and run downstairs, only to find Niall using the stove.

No offense, but that can't be good.

I enter the kitchen, raising my eyebrows at Niall. He is fully dressed in a white tshirt and jeans, and he looks really hot. Like, really hot.

Woah.

Niall grins when he sees me, and points excitedly to whatever he's making, enclosed in a big metal pan.

"NIALLER'S TEN MINUTE BREAKFAST!" He yells loudly, fully waking me up.

Quickly recovering from the shock, I smile back at him. "It looks delicious, Niall."

He shrugs, blushing. Did I mention that's one of the cutest things ever?

Including... I don't know, everything else he does?

"I hope so. But food is food- I'll eat it either way." Niall replies logically, and I wholeheartedly nod.

Niall serves his masterpiece onto two plastic plates, pours glasses of water for both of us, and sits down.

Glancing from the food to each other until we both started stuffing our faces at the same exact time.

"Niall, this is amazing." I gush, speaking the truth. Actually, I don't know what it was that he created. But hey, food is food, like Niall said before.

He stops eating for a moment to look up at me. "Promise you won't tell the lads that? They'll make me cook for them all the time if you do..."

"I guess we both have promises we'll never be able to keep." I wink at him, and he blushes.

That's right, the 'feels' aren't going in just my direction, but right back at him too.

Niall clears his plate and stared, confused, at my still lit up cell phone. "What's wrong with your phone? It looks like it's about to blow up."

"It is. Someone probably leaked my number." I say, leaving Sarah's name out of it.

Niall's expression hardens into a more serious one. "Oh. I'll buy you a new one, then."

I almost burst out laughing. "What do you mean? There is no way I'm letting you pay for my phone, Nialler."

I know he's a multimillionaire or whatever, but there is just no way.