Chapter 9: Find Out What I Know

A/N~ SORRY GUYS! Friday was Christmas and we just got so busy and we haven't really talked much over the break because of family and everything so we totally forgot to upload on Friday 😁 Again so so so sorry. Here's chapter 9... I guess it's not TOO late but anyways hope you enjoy! Sorry for the lateness

      ~Elizabeth 💕

Dan's POV

'I'll meet you for lunch if you really want to talk. Cafe at 12?'

   I watch him type from inside his screen and hope he feels a hint of regret at this point. He hits send and there's no going back.

   It was all clear to me now. Phil seemed depressed, not his happy self. He'd gone through a breakup with Chris.

   I decide to speak to him. I knew what was happening with Chris and PJ and I couldn't just sit back and watch.

I let the phone release its dual beep to indicate I want to speak to him.

"Hey, Dan." I could sense the smile on his face.

"Hey, Phil." I already feel myself blushing uncontrollably.

"I think you should check out PJ's Instagram. Before you go."

I knew he hadn't been on social media that often, and that it would kill him. He didn't even have to look at PJ's Instagram. It was probably all over Tumblr by now.

"O-okay? Can you open it for me?"

I pause and let out a sigh.

"Sure, sunshine."

He giggles and I open up PJ's latest Instagram post.

Phil's face turns into a frown and causes my heart to drop.

"Oh" His voice cracks making me want to reach out and give him a large hug, one where I stand on my toes and let his head rest in my chest as I lean my head on the top of his.

"Well. Now I know. Thank you, Dan."

He closes the image of Chris and PJ intertwined by the lips.

*****

We arrive at the cafe 15 minutes early and he sits down at a table nervously.

I feel a new presence enter the area and sense small movements Phil does differently that makes me recognize that Chris is here.