Chapter 2

She couldn't believe it! Her brothers were alive! Feelings of joy overwhelmed her, making her cry in the process. After Caroline returned with her clothes, and drove her to the Salvatore residence, she suddenly became nervous. Was she wearing nice clothes? She had brought her old outfit with her, she could not bear to throw her favorite dress away. It was now in her hands, the oxblood colored heavy fabric heavy in her arms. Her shoes, a bit worn, matched her dress, and they were made out of the best fabrics. Caroline had given her a long explanation on how the new world was, but she was so confused. She was pulled out of her thoughts when someone came out of the door. It was Katherine! Panic started to rise in her chest. She wore modern clothes, and her hair was pin straight, but it was her! "Ka-Ka-Ka-Katherine!" Her head spun, her knees felt like they were going to give out. She got a headache, and started to shake. This was not happening, this could not be true! A feeling of terror started to rise in her chest, making her sick.

"No, no, no! I'm not her! I am her doppelgänger, listen! I am not Katherine!" How was that possible? Liar! Georgiana pinned her against the wall in a death grip. She smelled her, and she smelt like blood. Human. Katherine would rather die than be human. "Forget I ever was here." Georgiana looked her in her eyes, true copies of Katherine's eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't be compelled," the girl said with a fierce look in her dark, brown eyes. She let her go, eyeing her. "Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter. Leave!" Georgiana saw the girl get into one of these new things, the movable things. Cars. She turned to the door, and slowly raised her hand to knock. Her slim fingers shook, and she had to breathe for a second. Then, she knocked on the large door, while she felt her heartbeat rise in her chest. After what seemed like an eternity, someone opened the door. She was shocked, to say the least.

"Hello, little brother. How have you been?" Georgiana smiled, walking towards him to give him a hug. She was stopped, however, by something. She was standing right in the doorway, yet she could not go inside. She tried again, unsuccessful. Georgiana looked at her brother, crying of joy. After almost 150 years she saw him again. His dark green eyes scanned her up and down, examining her closely. He looked at her dress, at her face, at her dress, and back at her face again. He was shocked, and she understood him well. She thought he died in the battle, and apparently, so did he. He was thinking for a moment, before tackling her to the ground. "Where did I hide my cookies?"

She started to laugh, before starting to cry. He was checking if she really was his big sister, by referring to their secret hiding spot. "We kept the cookies in a red tin underneath the loose floorboard beneath the small window in your room, silly!" He loosened his grip, standing up, and offering her his hand. His eyes filled with tears, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much, Georgia!" He looked at me, saying that I looked better in 1860s dresses. I laughed, hugging him again. "Is this the new house?"

"Yes, this is the boarding house. It was built in the 1950s. Come in, I'm sure Damon wants to meet you!" Georgiana walked inside, excitement written all over her face. As she walked into the living room, she held her breath. Damon was her soulmate, and they were closer than anyone else. When she saw him standing by the window, drinking what seemed like bourbon, Stefan cleared his throat. "Damon. You won't believe this..."