Chapter 3

June 18th, 1841

"Congratulations, mr. Salvatore, you have gotten a boy and a girl!" the midwife said to Giuseppe. "Twins?" Giuseppe Salvatore was pleasantly surprised. The midwife told him to wait a few hours before he visited them, and then she left with her payment, leaving him to wait. After a few hours, he knocked on the door, and walked in. Before him was the sight of his wife, sleeping in a bed, with two small babies in a crib next to her. His wife's closest friend, Eva Fell, was sitting next to Lily, knitting something for the newborns. When he entered the room, she walked out, closing the door silently after her. He watched his children sleep, a smile coming to his face. The baby he assumed was the boy, was full of black curls. The baby next to him also had curly, black hair, but she had lips so pink he thought something had hexed her. He was beyond proud to say that they were his, and he could not wait to watch them grow up. Lily stirred, opening her eyes. She smiled, but her face seemed very tired. Giuseppe sat down carefully, so not to hurt her. He had been told that his wife was very fragile after childbirth.

"Are they not beautiful?" Lily was shining of pride. "They look like little demons with their black hair. I am afraid that comes from my dear mother," she continued. "Why not call them that, then, dear wife. It could humor us in the future," he smiled. "Damon it is then. What about the girl? Could name her after mother?" Lily looked at him with a hopeful look on her face. Her mother had passed away a year ago, leaving Lily heartbroken. The newlyweds had travelled to Italy to her funeral, just after returning from their honeymoon. "Why not, darling? Georgiana is a beautiful name!"

2 0 1 0

Damon turned around, his face showing that he had no idea what to expect. Clearly, he had been in deep thought. Less than a second later, she was pinned against the wall, and her neck was snapped. When she woke up later, her neck was hurting, and she was lying on a very comfortable sofa. Her twin was staring at her with the same eyes as she remembered from her previous life. They were softer - wiser. "I'm sorry, sister," he said. Georgiana started to cry. Relief, joy, grief, feelings of betrayal, anger and confusion overwhelming her. Damon stood up, sat down next to her and held her. When she had finally calmed down, she started to explain; "Katherine turned me a couple of months before she was captured. As you remember, we were best friends, very similar at the time. She turned me, and I wanted to, and she never compelled me. Never. After I had finished transitioning, I went out of town, I needed some space. I returned three days later, finding that my father was dead, Katherine and the other vampires gone... And you two, missing. I was standing in our living room, seeing my dead father, and someone snapped my neck. The next thing I remember is waking up, in the room underneath the Salvatore crypt, trapped. Then I desiccated. Now, someone fed me, and I woke up, almost 150 years later,"

Georgiana continued: "Who was that girl going out a few minutes ago? She was human, and she said she was not Katherine..?" "Ah, I see you have met Elena..." Damon laughed. She is Elena's doppelgänger, you see. And Stefan's girlfriend," he finished, with an angry look on his face.

April 20th, 1864

Georgiana had never thought that she would be a vampire. Two weeks ago, when Katherine had arrived to stay in their mansion, she thought she was a normal girl. Turned out, she was a vampire, and Georgiana was fascinated. She was not even scared, and Katherine had finally turned her. It was the best feeling in the world, and she was so lucky to have met Katherine Pierce. Georgiana was fierce, bold, stylish, intelligent, playful and very sexy. She was hot - and not scared to show herself off.