Chapter 14 - The end of the affair

"Welcome to Chicago, Georgiana," Klaus said, holding out his hand to help me out of the car. I take his hand, and step out of the car. "Now, if you two boys don't mind, I'm going to get myself a fancy hotel room, shower, go to the spa, and get some new clothes. God knows I need them," I say as I walk with my head held high past them. I turn my head to see that Klaus chuckles, and Stefan rolls his eyes with a small smile. It has been a long time since I saw that.

The next morning, I waltz down in the hotel lobby with my beloved high heels again. Klaus and Stefan are waiting for me, and I waste no time with chit chat. Klaus looks at me, and then to Stefan and raises his eyebrows. "Quite the transformation from Tennessee, I understand," he says, and I smile at him. I know I look good. I'm wearing a halter neck top with marble pattern, black, skinny jeans, a leather jacket, black, shiny stilettos, a pair of Ray Ban's, a black Mulberry purse, and dark purple lipstick. As we leave the building, Klaus leads the way.

"We are going to an old friend of mine - Gloria. Fantastic witch, really. She can help us with the werewolf problem," Klaus says, before opening the car door for me. I gracefully sit down, and my head wanders off as we drive.

Caroline. A beautiful young girl, just waiting for everything life has in store for her. She needs to move on, because I can't leave Klaus for another lifetime.

----

We arrive at Gloria's bar, and the first thing I notice is that Klaus and Gloria have a weird relationship. She is a powerful witch, he is a powerful vampire - no - hybrid. Stefan and I are sent to the bar to fetch drinks, and I can't hear what Klaus is saying.

"So, Stefan. You know I saw Elena, don't you?" I say, while pouring bourbon into a glass. He stops moving, and looks at me. "You won't tell Klaus, right?" he asks, suddenly very careful. "Nah," I roll my eyes, and say: "It's not worth the time."

Having become very uneasy, Stefan looks at the wall, and jumps. My head snaps up, and he wonder what made him jump like a rabbit. "What?" I ask, and follow his gaze. When I spot the photograph, which seems to be very old, I frown. "What's this?" I ask, but Stefan seems as confused as I am. He walks around the bar to Klaus and Gloria, and I follow him.

"What is this?" Stefan asks, and Klaus smiles. "Well, I told you, Stefan, Chicago is a magical place," he says, and smiles even more. I have to admit, he is handsome. "But this is me, with you..." Stefan stutters, and I don't understand what's going on. Why doesn't he seem to remember? "Let's go," he finishes, and I follow Klaus to the car.

We arrive at a warehouse, and Stefan is still asking Klaus about the photo. Klaus seems annoyed, so I stay back. The boys begin to shout, and I roll my eyes. He whispers something to Stefan, and walk over to a coffin. Has living in Mystic Falls taught me something, it is that coffins always bring exciting events with them.

He opens it, and there lays a dead vampire. She is pretty, blonde and wears a white beaded dress. Klaus caresses her cheek, and Stefan goes up behind his back to watch. He pulls out the dagger in her chest, and I am more confused than ever. Who is this girl? "Time to wake up, little sister," Klaus says, and realization hits me.

Time passes, and Stefan is still nagging Klaus about the girl. I walk away and check my phone, trying to make time pass. I see a missed call. From Caroline. She has left a message on my voicemail, and I want to listen to it. But I can't. She is too close, and I miss her. She was the only one except for Damon, who didn't judge me for who I am. Before I realize it, I listen to the voicemail.

"Hey, G, it's me. I - I want to warn you. Damon and Elena are in Chicago now, looking for you. They were talking about going to Stefan's apartment, but I don't know if you're going there. Just - Just... I don't want you to get hurt. Please, just be careful, return to me. It's difficult without you, you know. I love you," Caroline whispers, and I quickly hang up and swallow my tears. Now is not the time for feelings.