Insane

Josh's POV: I woke up without the comfort of (Y/N) in my arms. I looked around the cave, thinking that maybe she just got hungry and started to eat early. There was no fire though. I kept looking, she wasn't anywhere in there. I looked outside the cave. She wasn't out there either!
"(Y/N)!!! Where are you!!!" I yelled and did a short Wendigo scream. No answer. It was snowing a little, but not much. I decided that I knew what had happened... The Makkapitew struck again! She could be dead by now! I ran to the mines, not knowing that I just missed her. I decided to do a long Wendigo scream so she heard me. She did.
(Y/N) POV: I heard a Wendigo scream that sounded vaguely familiar. Josh!
"Come on guys! Let's go back! I think I just heard my... Friend." I finished awkwardly. We ran back. No one was there.
"Josh!?!?!? You there? I heard you! Come out please! I'm ok honestly!" I called out.
"I don't take orders from you!" I heard a yell. Far away though. If he was still only human I wouldn't have heard him.
"Come on guys! We got to hurry." I called to the two behind me and started running. Shortly after, I felt myself get lifted off the ground.
"What the hell?" I said. And then I realized that my Wendigo friend had put me on his back. I felt bad until I realized that it probably felt like only an extra 5 pounds since Wendigos were really strong.
We booked back into the sanatorium with our wolf friend, Wolfie, short behind. It took a minute or so to get to where Josh was but when I found him, he was crying on his knees screaming for help.
"Josh! Are you ok?" I yelled and ran up to him. He looked up slowly and saw the Wendigo. He screamed.
"Get THAT away from me!" He screamed, in a trance. I grabbed his face quickly and made him look into my eyes once again.
"Hey, it's ok Josh. I promise! He's with me. He won't hurt either of us! Don't worry!" I told him, quietly. He grabbed me into a protective hug and continued to cry.
"Ugh, help me! (Y/N)! I'm so insane!" He moaned into my ear. It broke my heart. I looked into his eyes again and stroked his head. He kept crying and moaning. I started to cry too.
"Don't let me loose you again Josh! It's ok, I'm here. Don't cry please!" I cried back. He kept looking at me, eyes wide with fear.
"You're keeping... Ugh... Me safe!" He moaned. I nodded.
"No one is gonna hurt you, Josh! I promise. It's only me!" I told him in his ear. He nodded slowly. He seemed to start to get it. He kept moaning though. I kissed him on the cheek to try to bring him back. I kept hugging him and rubbed circles in his back. Josh kissed me on the cheek.
   "I'm sorry (Y/N)! Ugh! I'm hurting! And I hate to put you through this! I'm sorry." He whimpered and moaned.
"Josh? Are you out of the hallucinations? For real?" I asked carefully.
"Ugh! Yeah! (Y/N)! My chest!" He cried. I moved his arms from his chest. He had clawed into his chest in his hallucinations. He was bleeding pretty badly. I turned towards my Wendigo friend.
"Go find me some kind of thick cloth boy!" I yelled to him. He understood and jumped out of the room.
"It's ok Josh. Don't worry, my Wendigo friend is gonna find you some cloth." I told him, stroking his head. Josh couldn't stop moaning.
"(Y/N)! It hurts so bad!" He cried some more.
"Shshsh. It's gonna be ok Josh. He'll get some bandages for you." I promised him. As if on cue, the Wendigo came back with some bandages in his mouth. He dropped them at my feet.
"Thanks boy! You're so helpful!" I pet him on the head. Then I grabbed the bandages.
"Josh, take your hands off your chest ok? I'm gonna wrap the bandages around you!" I told Josh. He let his hands fall to his sides as I wrapped around the bandages. The blood flow stopped soon enough. Josh's moaning also stopped. I bent over and kissed him on the cheek.
"Just sleep Josh. We can wait down here. The Wendigo will hunt for us if we get hungry ok? Shhhh sleep." I told him, stroking his cheek. He turned and fell asleep. He kept breathing deeply in and out. Eventually, I heard his stomach growl. Mine did too! I turned to the Wendigo.
   "Alright boy, can you get some deer for us? Just one or two okay?" I looked to the Wendigo. He seemed to nod and nudged up against me in a farewell.
   "Stay safe okay?" I pet him on the cheek and then kissed him on it. He seemed to blush in a way and touched his cheek. I smiled and he turned around and left. Well, at least we had a way to get food and shelter down here! I touched Josh on his cheek.
   "Stay safe Josh? No night terrors okay?" I whispered in his ear. He grabbed my hand and kissed it groggily. I smiled.
   "Good night Josh."