02; Baby Blues And The Little Green Monster

"Hey, wonder twin!" Coach called out, making Ryan look over her shoulder in annoyance. "Get over here, will you?"

"Y'know," Ryan sighed, trudging over and hugging herself against the harsh wind. "Harley moved away during summer, you think her nickname would wear off by now."

"I think it's charming." Finstock grinned, clapping his hand on her shoulder. "Anyways, Stilinski. I've got a proposition for you."

"This should be interesting." She muttered as the coach steered her over to one of the players, the boy examining his arm instead of paying attention. When he finally noticed them he quickly pulled his sleeve down, swallowing nervously.

"This is Lahey." Coach announced, gesturing towards him, the number 14 prominent on his jersey. "Lahey is failing math and needs a tutor or else he's off the team. Think you can handle that Stilisnki?"

Lahey's cheeks flushed a bit, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Ryan let out a sigh and looked up at the older man, raising an eyebrow at him. "May I ask why you chose me? You hate me."

"I hate your brother." He corrected, his eyes narrowing at Stiles as the teen proceeded to smack himself in the forehead with his lacrosse stick. "I really hate him. But besides that, I accidentally get your transcripts every now and then because the office still thinks you're a boy on my team-"

"Of course they do."

"And you are actually passing math with a ninety-eight." He concluded, clapping his hands together. "And Lahey is actually pretty damn good at this sport, so it would suck to lose him. If you do this, you can sit on the player bench all season."

"I do that anyways." Ryan pointed out, coach giving her a look that was anything but amused. She thoroughly enjoyed torturing the guy, it brought her an immense amount of joy. "But I'll do it."

"You will?" Finstock looked extremely hopeful and she nodded, watching as the older man punched the air. "Great. You two. Introduce yourselves while I go yell at this dumbass."

And with that coach stalked off, blowing his whistle and yelling at Greenberg violently.

"I'm going to assume you actually have a first name." Lahey spoke up for the first time, chuckling nervously. "Mine is Isaac, by the way."

"Ryan." She nodded, sending him a small smile as she took in his appearance. His curly hair was tousled from the wind, and his eyes were such a gorgeous baby blue that she could most likely drown in if she let herself.

Ryan cleared her throat and looked down, cursing herself silently for her lack of subtly-one of the downfalls of being a Stilinski. Not that it mattered, because he was honestly doing the same.

Across the field, Scott watched as Ryan and Isaac talked, his heart dropping to his stomach as she scrunched up her nose and tucked her hair behind her ear. He had known Ryan for most of his life, and she had only done that around one person. Him.

Scott could have punched himself right then, shaking his head and turning away just as they exchanged numbers. Why did it even matter? Why did he suddenly care that a boy was taking interest in her, and she seemed to be taking just as much interest? He looked up with furrowed eyebrows when his best friend let out a short laugh. "What?"

"Oh, nothing." Stiles snorted, shaking his head. For years he had witnessed his sister vying for Scott's attention, and found it hilarious to watch the tables turn. "How's the little green monster treating you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Scott scoffed, bending down to tighten his laces as Stiles chuckled to himself.

"Right." He shot him a wink and made his way to the player's bench, where he would spend most of his time for the rest of the season. In his absence, Scott looked up in time to see Ryan walk over, a wide grin on her face paired with flushed cheeks that he hoped were from the cold.

"Hey, Scotty." Ryan messed up his hair as she walked past, taking a seat next to Stiles. Scott straightened up and looked at the field, where Isaac was stretching.

"Ryan, wait." Scott stood up and jogged over, ignoring Stiles's chortle of laughter. She looked up at him expectantly, tucking her hair behind her ear again as the wind blew it into her face. No nose scrunch. "What uh, what were you and Isaac talking about?"

"I'm helping him study so he can stay on the team." She shrugged, glancing over his shoulder at the Lahey boy. "He really needs a tutor."

"Can't anyone else do it?" He was shocked at how rude it came out, the girl's eyebrows furrowing in response.

"I wanted to." She replied slowly, a slightly offended look on her face. Stiles buried his face into his duffel bag, muttering to himself. "Why does it matter?"

"It doesn't." Scott scoffed, wincing internally at his tone again. "I didn't mean to-"

"I got it, Scott." Ryan nodded, giving him a fake smile. "It looks like coach is ready to start, yeah?"

"Yeah," He agreed, walking towards the field and glancing back at her. He looked up to see Allison there as well, the girl giving him a small smile.

"McCall!" Coach stepped in front of him, throwing goalie equipment at him. "You're in goal."

"I've never played." Scott said slowly, blinking a little.

"I know, scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. It's your first day back, dick." He clapped his hand on his arm, pointing towards the feild. "Get them energized, fired up!"

"Why about me?" Scott asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Try not to take any in the face." He chuckled before moving down the feild and clapping his hands. "Let's go!"

"Scott can't play goal." Ryan wrinkled her nose in confusion, looking over at her brother as Scott got into the goal.

"I'm very aware of that." Stiles nodded, chewing on his glove nervously.

"Stop that, it's gross." She mumbled, chewing on her own hoodie string. She watched in confusion when the whistle blew, Scott covering his ears and falling to his knees. "What the hell is he-ouch."

Ryan and Stiles winced as Scott was hit in the face with a lacrosse ball, knocking him back into the net.

"C'mon Scott!" She cupped her hands around her mouth, trying to boost the poor boy's confidence. He may have been a dick five minutes beforehand, but he was still her best friend. Scott looked over and stood up, smiling to himself before getting ready once more.

Surprisingly, he caught it. Ryan grinned and let out a whoop, her cheers getting louder as he caught every ball thrown his way.

She bounced in her seat as Jackson got ready to shoot, the tension extremely high. He might be a complete jackass, but there was no denying it-he was good. Jackson ran forward and shot the ball, Scott catching it with ease.

"Holy shit!" Ryan yelled, jumping out of her seat and screaming in excitement.

"That's my friend!" Stiles announced proudly, waving his arms around. Scott smirked and threw the ball over his shoulder, landing easily in the assistant coaches net.

________________________

Not edited.

How'd y'all like the Harley reference? (For those of you who don't know, Harley is the main character in my Isaac fics; Heartless and Cardiac Arrest)

1.) JEALOUS SCOTTY AMIRIGHT

2.) BBY ISAAC I CRY

Vote and Comment ❤️

Xx