08; Goal

Ryan watched nervously from the passenger seat of the jeep as one of the deputies pushed Derek Hale into the back of the squad car, chewing on her thumb nail. Her eyes followed Stiles, who acted nonchalant as he walked over to the squad car, quickly getting inside.

"Wha-" She looked through the windshield at Scott, who shared her panicked look. Her brother's little meeting didn't last long, her dad reaching in and yanking him out by the collar of his jacket. She watched them argue for a moment, her eyes widening as Stiles flung his arm in her direction, calling their dad's attention to her as well. "Shit."

She sunk down in her seat, giving him a small wave as she tried to make herself seem as small as possible. Her father snapped his fingers and pointed to the ground next to him, his silent way of saying 'get your ass over here'. She let out a long groan and unbuckled her seat belt, opening the jeep door and trudging over to them.

"Reclining your body in a horizontal position." Ryan walked over just as Stiles finished making a smart ass comment, his hands motioning as if they were on a flat surface.

"You." Stilinski turned and glared at Ryan, who looked over her shoulder as if he was addressing someone else. "You know damn well I'm talking to you, Ryan."

"Sorry dad." She winced, her fingers twisting together anxiously.

"You're supposed to be the responsible one." He pointed at her, making her look down at her feet. "I trust you to make the smarter decisions, not indulge your brother in his idiotic whims."

"Wha-"

"I've heard enough out of you." Their dad cut Stiles off, not even looking up as he held up his index finger. "Now you two are going to go home, and go to your rooms. Go clean them for once. Got it?"

"Got it." The twins said in sync, nodding their heads. Their dad pointed towards the Jeep, the two of them scrambling over to it. Ryan climbed into the back, Stiles into the driver's seat and Scott sitting in the passenger side.

Stiles turned on the engine and peeled out of there, barely giving them time to buckle their seat belts. When it came to pissing off their dad, they didn't hesitate to get the hell out of their as soon as possible.

After driving for a while Scott pulled out his phone, searching through Google. "I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burial."

"Just keep looking." Stiles said, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him. "Maybe it's like a ritual or something, like maybe they bury you as a wolf. Or maybe it's like a special skill, like something you have to learn."

"I'll put it on my to-do list." Scott replied sarcastically. "Right underneath how the hell I'm playing this game tonight."

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves." Stiles completely ignored his best friend's stress, Ryan reaching forward and smacking up him upside the head. "Jesus! Why are you so abusive?"

"Okay! Stop it!" Scott snapped, the two of them turning to look at him.

"Stop what?"

"Stop saying werewolves!" He yelled, his breathing getting quicker. "Stop enjoying this so much!"

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked as she placed her hand on his upper arm, only to have him yank it away.

"No! No, I'm not." He started to hyperventilate, sweat beading on his skin. "I'm so far from being okay."

"You know you're gonna have to accept this, Scott, sooner or later." Stiles took his hand off the wheel, holding it out for emphasis.

"I can't." Scott choked out, squeezing his eyes shut.