07; Promise

"Are you kidding me?" Ryan hissed, smacking her brother upside the head.

"It slipped my mind." Stiles shrugged, wincing as he received another slap, this time to the back of his neck. "Ow!"

"It just, slipped your mind that Scott tried to kill you?" She whispered, glancing over at a kid who walked by. "That's pretty damn important."

"What's important is that he didn't." He whispered back, dodging another hit from his sister. "Oh look, it's your little guy friend."

"Isaac." Ryan turned around, flashing him a smile. "Hi."

"Hey," Isaac nodded, smiling back at her. "Headed to French?"

"Yeah, let's go." She breathed, looking over her shoulder at her brother and glaring at him.

"I can hold your stuff." Isaac offered, looking down at the stack of books in her hand. "I mean, if you're okay with that."

"Sure." Ryan wet her lips, laughing as awkwardly traded off with him. "Thanks."

"No problem." They walked towards their French class, chatting to eachother until they got to their seats.

The bell rang, and a few minutes later Allison jogged in, mumbling an apology in French to the teacher before sitting down behind Ryan.

"Hey." Allison whispered, leaning forward.

"What?" Ryan stopped tapping her pen, not bothering to turn around.

"I didn't see you yesterday." She bit down on her lip, shifting in her seat. "At practice."

"You're right, I wasn't." She muttered, scratching her cheek. "You can cancel that eye appointment, you can see correctly."

"You're funny." Allison let out a forced chuckle, taking a deep breath. "Listen, I'm giving Scott a second chance, and I really like him, so if you could just-"

"Just what?" Ryan turned around, cocking her head to the side.

"Just, butt out." Allison gave her a sweet smile, making Ryan blink.

"What does that mean, exactly?" Ryan scoffed, biting down on her cheek.

"It means, I really like Scott." She explained, twisting her pen between her fingers. "And you like Scott. But he came to me for a second chance, so butt out."

Allison shrugged and opened her book, Ryan turning back around in her seat and pinching the bridge of her nose.

● ● ●

"Hey, why aren't you out with your brother and Scott?" Stilinski sat down at the edge of Ryan's bed, folding his hands together.

"I didn't feel like going out." Ryan stared at the ceiling, giving her dad a shrug. "I'm just tired."

"Do I need to call Doctor Kahn?" He rubbed her calf through the comforter, a concerned look on his face. "We can get you back on a higher dosage, all it takes is a-"

"No," She sat up, rubbing her eye. "My dosage is fine. I don't even know why I'm still on them."

"Dr. Kahn doesn't think you should be off of them until you-"

"Until I drive mom's car." Ryan finished, taking a deep breath. "I know."

"Therapy seemed to help." Noah said, keeping his tone calm.

"I don't need therapy anymore." She shook her head, scratching her shoulder. "I don't sleepwalk anymore, I get out of bed in the morning, my grades are up, and I participate in school activities. It's manageable. I manage."