03; It Smells Like Girl And Mint Mojito Gum

Ryan stepped over a root, careful not to trip as they walked through the woods. Scott stepped a little closer to her, bumping his shoulder against hers.

"Hey." She replied quietly, crossing her arms as she stared at the ground.

"Are you still mad at me?" He whispered, aware of Stiles's judging eyes on him. That was usually how it went; Scott making a mistake and instantly regretting it, hovering around Ryan until she forgave him while Stiles did what Stiles did best-judged.

Ryan let out the breath she was holding, peeking over at him through her shield of hair. It annoyed her how easily he could get her to forgive him, with his crooked jaw and puppy dog eyes. "I guess."

"Seal it with a hug?" Scott asked hopefully, biting down on the inside of his lip.

Sealing their arguments and make ups with a hug was something Ryan herself had started when she was about seven or eight, when she used to irritate the two boys so much she got the silent treatment. Stiles and Scott tried to do this religiously, both the boys genuinely terrified that she wouldn't forgive them unless they did.

"Fine." Ryan sighed, feeling Scott's arms wrap around her waist and wrapping her own around his neck. Much to her surprise, she had to stand on her toes a bit. They had always been around the same height, but he must have grown a few inches since the last time they fought. She felt him laugh, his chest rumbling against her. "What?"

"My shirt smells like girl." He mumbled, Ryan rolling her eyes and pushing him away.

"Whatever, let's talk about that practice!" She gushed, a wide grin on her face as she stepped on a rock, careful not to step in the stream. "What the hell was that?"

"I-I don't know what it was." Scott shook his head, Stiles splashing behind them. "It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. That's not the only weird thing; I hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear, smell things."

"Smell things?" Stiles chuckled. "Like what?"

"Like the Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott replied, the twin furrowing his eyebrows and feeling in his jacket.

"I don't even have any Mint Mojito-" He pulled out a piece of lint covered gum, him and Ryan sharing a look.

"Have you been doing drugs?" Ryan whispered, squinting at him. Scott just shook his head and pushed her, the girl letting out a chortle of laughter.

"So, this all started with the bite?" Stiles asked, watching as Ryan shoved him back.

"What if it's like an infection?" Scott's tone grew worried, pausing when Ryan made him crouch down so she could hop on his back. "Like my body's filling with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"

"I'll plan you a nice funeral." Ryan whispered, letting out a shriek when he pretended to drop her. "Asshole."

"You know, I think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection." Ryan had to hold back her laughter, her and Stiles already messing around with the joke earlier.

"Are you serious?" Scott jerked to a stop, almost giving Ryan whiplash as he turned around.

"Oh yeah," He nodded, resting his hands on his hips. "It's called, lycanthropy."

"What's that?" He asked, his eyes widening and reminding Ryan of a puppy dog. "Is that bad?"

"Oh yeah, it's the worst." Stiles continued to screw with him, keeping his voice completely serious. "But only once a month."

"Once a month?"

"Uh huh, but only on the night of a full moon." Ryan nodded, making eye contact with her brother before the two of them letting out a teasing howl. Scott shoved Stiles back nearly dropping Ryan again in the process.

"Hey, you're the one who swore you heard a wolf howling last night."

"There could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott frowned, growing irritated with them.

"We know! You're a werewolf!" Ryan let out a playful growl, this time being dropped directly on her ass. "Ow?"

"Okay, obviously we're kidding." Stiles laughed, helping his sister up. "But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's because Fridays the full moon."

"You don't even take shop class." Ryan scrutinized him, smacking him upside the head.

"I could have sworn this was it." Scott paused, pointing towards the ground in confusion. "The body, the deer running. I dropped my inhaler."

"Maybe the killer moved the body." Stiles suggested as Scott sifted through the leaves.

"Dude, I hope they left my inhaler, those things are like eighty bucks." Ryan pursed her lips and looked around, freezing when she saw someone standing there. Her eyes widened and her mouth gaped open as she smacked Scott repeatedly, the boy wincing. "How many times do I have to say, watch the smacking?"

Once Scott saw the stranger he stood up, the three teens staring back in silence.

"What are you doing here? Huh?" Derek Hale, Ryan realized, walked forward with an expression that was anything but friendly. "This is private property."

"Uh, sorry man. We didn't know." Stiles apologized, rubbing the back of his neck

"Yeah, we were just looking for something but um, forget it." Scott shook his head, turning to leave when Derek tossed the inhaler to him, catching it easily.

He gave them a stony gaze before turning and walking off in silence.

"It was nice meeting you too." Ryan called out before turning and smacking Scott with both her hands. "Dude! That was Derek freaking Hale!"

"You remember right? He's only a few years older than us." Stiles shoved his hands in his pockets, Ryan still watching his retreating figure.

"Remember what?"

"Remember what?" She hissesd, looking at him like he had just said maybe Stiles should get a new car. "His family, they all burned in a fire like, ten years ago."

"Wonder what he's doing back." Scott wondered, twisting his inhaler between his fingers.

"I don't know, but that leather jacket?" Ryan raised her eyebrows, pointing over her shoulder. "Definitely working for him."

_________________________________________

Not edited

SINCE Y'ALL ARE RIDING MY ASS FOR AN UPDATE, HERE YOU GO BABES

ALSO; REMEMBER THE SEAL IT WITH A HUG THING. I PLAN TO DO A LOT WITH THAT.

WHOOP.

VOTE AND COMMENT

XX