12; A Non-Werewolf Day

Ryan rubbed her temples as they walked into school, her head pounding due to the accident she had the day before. She didn't tell her dad or Stiles about what had happened, because  she was more embarrassed than worried about getting in trouble.

Her mood instantly lightened when she saw Isaac getting books out of his locker, waving at him with a big smile as he glanced at her.

Isaac immediately looked away and put his hood up, shutting his locker and walking the opposite direction. Stiles noticed, a light chuckle leaving his lips as he nudged his sister. "Scare him off already, Ry?"

"Shut up." Ryan gave him a scowl, smacking him hard across the back of his head as they walked into history class. She slid into her usual spot besides Scott, who looked more anxious than normal. "You good?"

"We get our tests back today." Scott replied, his eyes not leaving their teacher as he started passing out their tests. She looked down and noticed his knee bouncing up and down rapidly, stretching out her own leg across the row and setting her foot on his knee.

"Chill out." She whispered as he looked up at her, the rate of his knee slowly down. She gave him a reassuring smile and moved her leg back, getting comfortable in her seat.

Stiles leaned forward over his desk and tapped Scott on the shoulder with his pencil, keeping his voice low. "If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?"

"I don't know." Scott replied after a long pause, Stiles rolling his eyes in exasperation and slumping back in his seat.

"Did the alpha kill the bus driver?" He leaned foward again, his ability to sit still as minuscule as always. Scott shrugged and give him the same answer.

"I don't know."

Stiles sat back into his seat once more and let out an annoyed sigh, taking his top lip between his teeth and biting down. It was only a mere second before he sprung forward again with another question. "Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?"

"I don't know!" Scott finally turned around, making everyone including Ryan jump at the volume of his voice. He turned back around, dropping his pencil on his desk and shaking his head. "Geez."

"Can we just have a non-werewolf day, you guys?" Ryan whispered, making sure the teacher couldn't hear as he came over. He dropped the papers on their desks, Ryan picking hers up and looking at the B+ written in red marker. She glanced over at Scott's, wincing when she saw the circled D- on his.

"Dude, you need to study more." Stiles retorted, Scott getting annoyed and slamming his paper down on the desk. "That was a joke."

"It wasn't a funny one." Ryan scolded, tucking her hair behind her ear as she turned her attention to Scott. "It's just one test, you're gonna make it up. We can help you study, if you want."

"No, I'm studying with Allison after school today." Scott said, shaking his head as he played with his pencil.

"That's my boy." Stiles's eyebrows raised and Ryan scoffed, shaking her head as she looked down at her paper.

"We're just studying."

"Uh no, you're not." Stiles argued, Scott glancing over his shoulder at his best friend.

"No I'm not?" He gave him a confused look, Ryan rolling her eyes at his cluelessness.

"Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you." Stiles was practically out of his desk with how far he was leaned forward, a completely serious look on his face. "If you go over to her house and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to god I'll have you de-balled."

"I hate both of you." Ryan shook her head, her mind drifting away from the conversation and thing of how Isaac avoided her in the halls. She couldn't help but thing maybe she did scare him off, and that he wanted nothing to do with her.

•••

The bell rang for the end of class, signaling that the day was over. Ryan watched Isaac quickly stand up and bolt out the door, the girl quickly getting up and following suit. She followed him down the hall, finally catching up him as he turned a corner.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Ryan crossed her arms, making him stop in his tracks. "Is it because of the stupid brownie? Did I do something to annoy you, or-"

She trailed off when he turned around, her face softening. He had a large bruise across his cheek bone, his left eye squinting a little from the swelling. She opened her mouth but he cut her off, holding up his hands to stop her. "Before you say anything, a lacrosse ball hit me in the face."

Her hand went to her chest, letting out a breath of relief. Isaac suddenly felt guilty, his stomach feeling uneasy. He was lying. And it wasn't even a white lie, it was a huge bold faced lie.

Isaac couldn't let her know that he had another combat boot shaped bruise painted across his side, and that the bruise on his face was from his own father's fist.

He had fallen asleep while watching over her, to the point where he missed half of his shirt at the graveyard. His dad was unbelievably pissed, to say the least.

"Does it hurt?" Her eyebrows knitted together in concern, her hand involuntarily lifting towards his face.

"No." Isaac shrugged, but his actions showed the truth as her fingertips carefully brushed the bruise, the boy wincing and pulling back. "Okay, maybe a little."

"You really need to be more careful." Ryan scrunched up her nose, letting her hand drop to her side.

"Yeah, I guess." He chuckled dryly, looking down at his feet for a moment before looking back up at her. "But no, I wasn't avoiding you because of last night I was just embarrassed at how clumsy I am."

"If it make you feel better I'm probably just as clumsy, if not more." She smiled, scratching her eyebrow. They both glanced down the hall when they heard Stiles's voice yelling at her.

"Ryan, get your slow ass over here I want to go home!"

"You should probably go." Isaac gestured towards her brother, shifting his weight onto his other foot.

"Probably." Ryan bit down on her bottom lip for a second, before taking a small step toward. Grabbing his bicep for leverage, she stood slightly on her toes and brushed her lips over the bruise on his cheek, just soft enough so as she wouldn't hurt him. "Bye, Isaac."

"Bye." Isaac's lips were parted slightly, his face warm as she turned around and speed walked back to her brother.

"Now that, was adorable." Stiles teased, taking in his sister's red cheeks and smile. She rolled her eyes and punched him hard in the arm, the two walking out to the parking lot. "Ow!"

The twins shoved past the other people walking to their cars, Ryan grabbing the handle of the passenger seat door and opening it. She tossed her bag in the backseat and sat down, shutting the door as Stiles got in and did the same.

They buckled up and Stiles started the Jeep, pulling out of his parking spot. He suddenly screeched to a halt as Derek stepped in front of the Jeep, holding his arm up to stop them.

"Jesus fucking Christ!"

"Oh my god!"

They spoke at the same time, their wide eyes meeting before looking back at the sickly looking werewolf in front of them.

And all she had asked for was a non-werewolf day.

_________________________

Not edited

I honestly don't know what to put here so yeah

Vote and Comment!!! I seriously live off of your guy's comments so they mean a lot to me!!!

Brea xx