16; A Period Does More Than End A Sentence

Scott jumped when he felt someone poke his shoulder, letting out a breath of relief when he saw that it was only Ryan and not Allison. He smelled the air and frowned, looking at her with concern.

"Are you hurt?" Scott asked, Ryan raising an eyebrow. "I thought I smelled blood."

Ryan's eyes got so wide that he thought they were about to pop out of her head, her whole face turning bright read. She pointed at the box on the shelf in his locker, his own eyes widening.

"Oh!" He turned around quickly and reached inside, pulling out a couple tampons and handing them to her. Even her ears were red as she shoved them into the pocket of her hoodie, looking down at her feet. "I'm am so sorry."

When they were in the sixth grade, Ryan got her period for the first time. Stilinski, being a single dad who did know even the tiniest sliver of what to do when it came to periods, took his daughter to the house of pretty much the only woman he knew.

Melissa McCall.

Melissa sat Ryan down in the living room with an assortment of pad and tampons, explaining their purpose and how to use them while Ryan tried not to die inside.

Scott, being the nosy little boy he was, listened to every word from the stairs. The next day at school Ryan was too embarrassed to keep her new pads in her backpack, so Scott offered to keep them in his backpack for her.

For the years to come Scott always had pads or tampons on him, even once Ryan got over the preteen embarrassment of having a period. He still kept them in his locker or bathroom, just in case.

Ryan grimaced and scratched her eyebrow, just giving him a thumbs up. His face fell in realization, the boy gripping his backpack straps as he sighed.

"You guys are twignoring me, aren't you?" Scott asked, Ryan giving him an apologetic look.

'Twignoring' was what they called it when one of the twins was so mad at someone (usually Scott), that they forced the other twin to ignore them as well. Hence the carefully crafted name.

Ryan mouthed 'sorry' before rushing to the bathroom, leaving Scott alone. He sighed and shut his locker door, walking into first period.

He made eye contact with Stiles, who just rolled his eyes and slumped down in his seat. Scott walked towards the back of the room and sat behind him, leaning across the desk. "Are you really twignoring me?"

Stiles didn't answer, his tongue swiping across the inside of his cheek in annoyance.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? I mean, it's just a bruise right? Some soft tissue damage?" Scott's shoulders slumped in defeat as Stiles just tapped his pencil on the desk. "You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

Silence.

"Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and that I want to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him." Stiles snapped under his breath, shaking his head. "But obviously I'm not talking to you, and neither is Ryan."

Almost on cue the bell rang, Ryan slipping through the door just in time so as she would not be marked tardy. She rushed towards the back and sat down in her usual seat next to Scott, pretending to ignore him.

"What did he say?" Stiles turned around quickly, startling both his sister and Scott.

"Are we talking to him now?" Ryan whispered, Stiles narrowing his eyes at her as Scott smiled. "Make yo your damn mind, jeez."

•••

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asked, his face scrunching up in a mixture of confusion and annoyance.

"Yeah."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that you try to kill someone." His tone came out harsh, the teen making hand gestures to no one and nothing in particular. "And that someone's usually me. Why can't you try and kill Ryan every once in a while?"

"Hey!" Ryan spoke up, a frown settling on her face. Scott practically killed her once a day, but more on the emotional than physical level.

"That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me." Scott said, letting his arms fall to his sides. "I have to be able to control it."

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Stiles asked as Ryan pressed against her lower abdomen to try and combat her cramps. She was failing.

"I don't know." Scott shrugged, swinging his arms slightly as they walked. "And I don't think he does either."

"Okay, when are you seeing him again?" Stiles sighed, one hand gripping the strap of his backpack.

"He just told me not to talk about it." Scott replied as they turned the corner. "Just act normal and get through the day."

"He asked when, not what he said." Ryan nudged him with her elbow, Stiles and Scott stopping. It took her a moment to realize she was walking by herself, the girl pretending like it didn't happen and moving back to stand with them.

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work." Scott answered, Stiles thinking for a moment.

"After work." Stiles shoved his other hand in his pocket, rocking back on his heels. "Well, that gives us to the end of the school day then."

"To do what?" Scott asked, dumbfounded.

"To teach you ourselves." Stiles replied, his sister raising her eyebrows.

"Why am I being dragged into this?" Ryan questioned, wishing she was at home in sweatpants that didn't squish her uterus.

"Because, I said so." Stiles countered, pointing at her. "If I have to deal with him, you have to deal with him too."

"Hey!" Scott's voice came out in almost a whine, Stiles turning sharply on his heel and walking away. Scott sighed and followed, leaving Ryan standing there with a defeated look on her face. She flung her arms in the air before letting them fall back down, smacking her legs.

"I need some freaking midol."

_______________________________

Not edited

Sorry if you guys don't care for period talk in your fan fictions, but in this story I am trying to make it as realistic as possible.

Ryan is the one character that I try really hard to write as "real". She wears a retainer, has a tiny bladder, and actually gets her period, which is almost unknown in fan fiction, wowza.

Comments for this chapter: 15-20

Vote and Comment!!!

Brea xx