14; Chemistry

"Did they forget my curly fries?"

"You're not supposed to eat fries." Stiles said, looking through the bag in the front seat.

"Especially the curly ones." Ryan added, sitting cross-legged in the backseat with her food.

"Well I'm carrying a lethal weapon, if I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." Their father argued, his mouth full of burger.

"If you think getting rid of the contractions in all your sentences makes your argument anymore legitimate, you are wrong." Stiles put emphasis on the last three words, Ryan trying not to laugh as her dad turned to stare at him.

"Taser him." Ryan whispered, leaning forward and pressing her nose against the metal cage dividing the front and the back of the patrol car. "Taser him, please."

Before Stiles could make a comeback, the radio produced static before calling out to their father.

"Unit one, do you copy?"

Stiles almost choked on his drink, reaching forward to grab the radio in excitement. Their dad smacked his hand away, clearing his throat and glaring at Stiles. He sank back in his seat, withdrawing his arm slowly. "Sorry."

"Unit one, copy." He picked up the radio and pressed the button as he spoke, his eyes glancing at Stiles as a warning.

"Got a report of a possible one-eight-seven."

"A murder?" Ryan jumped forward, smacking her forehead on the divider. She grabbed her head and let out a groan, her brother quickly swallowing the abundance of curly fries in his mouth.

"Location?" Stilinski shook his head at his kids, frowning as he watched Stiles rub his chest in pain from eating too fast.

"Movie rental place on third street."

"I'm only two blocks away, I'm on my way." He turned in his sirens and turned on the engine, pulling out of the parking lot. Ryan danced in her seat excitedly, sipping on her lemonade.

"You realize that you could possibly have to share the back seat with a murderer, right?" Stiles cranes his neck to look back at her, her face dropping. She smacked the divider, Stiles flinching back with a grin.

"Kids." Stilinski warned, turning into third street. Stiles and Ryan both strained to see, looking at the ambulance and flashing lights as they pulled in front of the movie rental store. "Stay here."

Ryan and Stiles looked out their windows as their dad got out, walking over and talking to some of the other officers. Stiles's face lit up when he saw Lydia, but that expression quickly shifted as they watched Jackson get up and start yelling at their dad.

Stiles slowly got out, Ryan smacking the window to get his attention. Keeping his eyes on his father he let her out, listening to Jackson berate him.

"-basic concept to grasp for a minimum wage rent-a-cop like you!" Jackson shoved his finger into Stilinski's chest, Ryan's jaw clenching as she gripped the top of her door. "Okay, now I wanna go home!"

"Oh, whoa is that a dead body?" Stiles called out, turning the attention to the gurney that was passing by. Their father turned and gave them an irritated look, Stiles shrinking back against the patrol car.

"Nice going." Ryan muttered, hugging herself against the cold. Her eyes wandered up to the roof, widening as she watched Scott and Derek backed away from the edge. Scott put his finger to his lips, Ryan quickly looking anywhere else as not to draw suspicion.

Jackson walked past them, looking Ryan up and down before smirking. "Cute pjs."

Ryan frowned and looked down at her Labyrinth t-shirt and pink flannel shorts, suddenly growing embarrassed. Her dad had came into her room and told her to get in the car, they were getting burgers from the drive thru. Unfortunately she was already dressed for bed. She yanked on her shorts, her eyes following him as he walked back over to the ambulance.

"Jackass."

•••

"Just a friendly reminder that parent teacher conferences are tonight. Students with below a 'C' average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Mr.Harris stopped in the middle of the aisle, looking down at Stiles who was highlighting pretty much his whole book. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

Everyone looked up as Jackson entered the room, walking slowly to his chair and sitting down. Harris walked over and put his hand on his shoulder, lowering his voice as he spoke.

"Hey, Jackson. If you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know." Jackson nodded, Harris standing up straight and walking to the front of the classroom. "Everyone, read chapter nine."

"Do you have to go to that?" Isaac whispered, getting out his textbook and pretending to read. "I do."

"I got my grade up to a C minus in this stupid class, which is passing." Ryan muttered, propping her chin up on her hand as she looked over at him. By a stroke of pure luck, Mr. Harris had decided to move Ryan even farther from her brother, sitting her next to Isaac. "But asshole up there decided that I still need to go."

"Mr. Stilinski." Ryan looked up slightly at the sound of her last name, relaxing when she realized that he was talking to her brother and not calling her out. "Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book."

Stiles spit the cap out his his mouth, launching it into the air and catching it in the palm of his hand. Ryan turned her attention back to Isaac, who had been watching her the whole time.

"What?" She asked quietly, poking his shoulder with her pencil.

"Nothing." Isaac shook his head, looking down at his book and smiling.

"Whaaat?" Ryan drew out the vowel, poking him again but in the side this time. Isaac just bit down on his lip, avoiding eye contact with her. Ryan frowned and put her cheek on the desk, looking up at him. "Tell me."

"You just look really cute today." Isaac whispered, trying to not let his cheeks heat up as he looked down at her. She grinned, her cheek squished up against the stone table top.

The two of them jumped as they heard a loud crashing noise, looking over to see Stiles on the ground by Danny's feet.

"Do you want to study before the conferences?" Ryan asked, ignoring her brother's predicament and looking back at Isaac.

"I can't." Isaac sighed, tapping his pencil on the table as he gave her an apologetic look. "I have to work."

"Oh." Ryan puckered her lips for a brief moment, before taking a deep breath. "Another time then."

"Definitely." Isaac smiled at her, his pinky finger brushing against hers. She glanced down, a smile tugging on her lips as she locked her pinky with his, like you would if you were making a promise.

Neither of them let go as they started to study the chapter, holding them there until the bell rang.

_______________________________

Not edited

This is just a filler, as the next one will sort of be.

I have some humor planned in a chapter or two, that for whatever reason I think is funny even though you guys probably won't lol

Vote and Comment (seriously though I read every comment and I love seeing what parts you guys react to ily)!!!!

Brea xx