04; Please Don't Flirt with Pretty Girls

"Stiles, how many times do I have to tell you to put the damn cap back on the toothpaste?" Ryan yelled, rolling her eyes as she squeezed toothpaste onto her toothbrush, only receiving a mumble in return.

She hummed to herself she scrubbed her teeth, jumping around the bathroom in her tank top and underwear. Ryan nearly pissed herself when her phone rang, blaring the first few verses of 'Dear Maria, Count Me In'.

"Hello?" She answered, the greeting barely audible due to the minty spit filling her mouth. She spat it out and cleared her throat, trying again. "Hello?"

"Hey, do you think you can come down to the clinic and help me with the cats?" Scott's voice came through the phone, speaking loudly over the rain. "They're freaking out and-"

"Yeah, totally." Ryan rinsed off her toothbrush and dropped it in the cup, walking out of the bathroom and down the hall. "Let me just convince Stiles to let me take the keys."

"You're a lifesaver."

"Trust me, I know." She smiled smugly before hanging up the phone and sticking her head through her brother's door. "Hey, loser. I need the keys."

"For?" Stiles's eyes didn't leave the computer screen, where she could see him battling some mythical creature.

"I need to help Scott with something." She yawned, leaning against the wooden frame. "The animals are being weird I guess."

"Sure, just don't have sex." With one hand maneuvering the mouse, he grabbed his keys off his desk and tossed them over his shoulder, missing Ryan's outstretched hands completely.

"Wow, nice aim." She scoffed, bending down to grab them. "Tell dad I'll be back."

Ryan started towards the stairs, only pausing when she heard her brother yell her name. "What?"

"You're forgetting pants."

"Right."

● ● ●

Ryan's teeth were chattering but the time she pulled up to the animal clinic, cursing her brother for not getting the heater fixed.

She parked and got out, becoming almost instantly soaked as she jogged towards the door. She didn't even notice the other car there.

Ryan opened the door carefully, not wanting the bells to jingle so she could sneak up on Scott and spook him.

She tiptoed towards the backroom, a small smile tugging at her lips until she heard a voice.

The brunette peeked through the small window just in time to see Scott sweep his thumb slowly across the new girl's cheek, a grin growing on Allison's face.

Ryan nodded to herself, turning around and heading back towards the door. She didn't care if she made noise opening the door this time, even slamming it behind her as she walked out of the clinic.

"What was that?" Allison whispered, jumping slightly and looking over at Scott.

"Uh, I'll check it out." Scott's eyebrows furrowed as he walked back out to the front of the clinic, opening the door in time to see a blue jeep peeling out of the parking lot.

● ● ●

"A wolf, did you hear me?"

"Yes, I heard you." Ryan sighed, crossing her arms. "I don't really care that much."

"What's up your ass this morning?" Stiles muttered, shaking his head before running over to Scott to tell him about what he overheard on the phone.