06; You Have Some Stupidity On Your Face

"Hey Ryan, wait u-" Scott frowned as Ryan glanced back at him before shoving her way through the two large doors of the highschool. "Or not."

"Congrats." Stiles patted his best friend on the shoulder, shaking his head. "She still hates you."

"She doesn't hate me." Scott adjusted his bag on his shoulder, shaking his head. "Right?"

"How much of an idiot are you, dude?" He scoffed, looking at him in disbelief.

As Scott was still questioning Stiles about why Ryan was mad at him, the girl in question was already walking up to her locker.

"Stupid." She muttered, twisting in her combination and jerking her locker open. "Stupid, stupid boy."

She pulled her chemistry book out of her bag and shoved it forcefully into her locker, grabbing her Algebra 2 book instead.

"Someone's angry." Ryan flinched when a voice came from behind her, making her whirl around. "Riley, right?"

"Ryan." She gave Lydia a tight smile, her fingers curling around the edge of her textbook. "What do you want?"

"That McCall boy..." Lydia mused, twirling a strand of her hair. "He's your brother right?"

"What? No." Ryan scrunched up her nose, looking at Lydia like she was an idiot. "Stiles. That's my brother."

"Who?" She raised an eyebrow, genuinely perplexed by the name.

"Stiles Stilinski... My brother.." She said slowly, nodding her head. "Always with Scott, awkward, pale, skinny.. Ringing any bells?"

"Nope." Lydia shrugged, looking down at Ryan's pants. "Cute jeans, they're very cool."

Ryan stared at her for a second before turning her gaze downwards to look at her paint splattered jeans, with a hole in the right thigh.

"Thank you?" She replied cautiously, wondering what Lydia wanted. Ryan had seen Mean Girls, she knew the routine.

"So, are you coming to Lacrosse practice?" Lydia smiled, brushing a hair out of her face. "You can sit with me and Allison."

"I'll have to pass, actually." Ryan shot her a finger gun, quickly withdrawing it at the look she received. "I'm busy after school."

"That's too bad." Her tone of voice made it seems like she wasn't that disappointed, Ryan forcing herself not to grimace.

"Yeah, gotta blast." Ryan shut her locker and walked away quickly, mouthing a silent "What the fuck was that?" to herself.

"I didn't know you were friends with Lydia." She jumped and looked up at the person who had appeared out of nowhere, clutching her chest.

"Fuck, Isaac." She let out a deep breath, shaking her head. "If you sneak up on me like that, it's gonna be hard to tutor you after I die from a heart attack."

"My bad." Isaac laughed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"But no, I am definitely not friends with Lydia." Ryan sighed, shaking her head. "She was just asking me about Scott and if I was going to practice."

"Are you?" He asked nonchalantly, looking down at his shoes.

"I have to revise an essay for english, so no." She shook her head, not noticing how he hid his disappointment.

"That's too bad, I was hoping I'd have someone to cheer me on." He teased, nudging her with his elbow. "You're going to the game though, right?"

"Oh, yeah." She nodded, giving Isaac a confused look when he stopped walking. "What?"

"Hold still." He reached over and moved a stray hair that had gotten caught in her eyelashes, being as gentle as possible. "There."

"Oh," Ryan released a breathe that she hadn't realized she'd been holding, hoping her cheeks weren't bright red. "Thanks."

The bell rang, making both of them jump a little.

"I should get going, I'll see you tomorrow morning for tutoring." Isaac said, giving her a small smile before walking away.

"Yeah." She mumbled, smiling to herself. Her smile faded when she looked up and saw Scott staring at her from down the hall, making her immediately look away.

Scott opened his mouth to call out to her, but she was already rushing the opposite way.

● ● ●

"Hey, you didn't stay for practice." Stiles leaned against her doorframe, watching her suck peanut butter of the spoon in her hand.

"Nope, I had dad pick me up." Ryan shrugged, watching intently as Angel and Buffy made out.

"You could always, y'know," Stiles paused, waving his hand around as if conjuring something. "Drive your own car, so you don't have to rely on me or dad."

"I don't drive mom's car." She replied, almost a mumble.

"It's not her car anymore, she left it for you." He corrected, crossing his arms. "To drive."

"Sitting in the garage under a tarp isn't gonna hurt it." She sighed, looking up at him. "Now, can you leave me alone? I'm not in the mood today."

"Don't you wanna hear the hot goss?"

"Of course I do." She shut her laptop screen halfway, sitting up and wrapping her blanket around herself.

"Jackson has a separated shoulder." Ryan raised an eyebrow, Stiles nodding in response. "Because of Scott."

"Good for him." Ryan rolled her eyes, expecting something more exciting. "Speaking of completely irrelevant things, Lydia invited me to sit with her at practice today?"

"Wha-what?" He gaped at her, his sister just giving him a shrug. "Why didn't you?"

"Maybe because I can't stand her, and she only wants to use me to help Allison get to Scott?"

"This is perfect." Stiles came over and sat on the edge of her bed, eyes wide. "You can become best friends, and make her fall in love with me."

Ryan blinked at him, before motioning for him to come closer. "Come here, you have something on your face."

"What?" He leaned forward, his sister squinting at him before hitting his forehead with the heel of her hand.

"Stupidity." She smiled, leaning back against her pillows.

"Ouch." He winced, rubbing his forehead. "I'm about to video chat Scott, you wanna join?"

Ryan just stared at him, a blank expression on her face.

"While I agree he's being kinda dumb," Stiles began, holding up a finger. "You can't get too mad that Scott isn't taking into account the feelings that you never acted on or confessed."

"Who's side are you on?" She snapped, throwing an empty soda can at him.

He jumped out of the way and left the room, shouting "I'm Switzerland!" from the hall.

____________________________

What??? I updated??? Rare????

Sorry for being a failure of a writer lmao I missed y'all

Vote and Comment xx