Why...

I dodged quickly, holding my feet flat on the ground. The sword made contact with the stone wall, he grunted. My head flicked over to Ichiru, fear held in my eyes. I swung my fist, missing him by a few seconds as he dodged. Glaring, I dropped down missing the sliver katana. Ichiru grunted, jumping back, "I see you have some fight in you." He flicked his sword. "No matter." I saw a small smirk, raising his katana to his side he came at me full blast. I shrieked, falling to the side. As he passed, I pushed myself up and threw a side kick straight into his ribs.

Shiki dropped down, angling himself to throw a mean kick into Ichirus' head. Ichiru fell forward, taking in his breath. I grabbed his head and firmly smashed it onto my knee. Ichiru head stained with red, he stood up straight, "You won't touch him." He laughed. I stared down at his fragile body, grabbing his collar. "Tell me, where is Zero." I spat. He slapped my hand away, "I will never tell you." I grabbed his katana, facing it towards himself. Everything went in a blur as I watched myself pierce it through his chest. He fell to the ground, taking his last breath.
"Screw you." He breathed out as life drained from his eyes.

Quickly, I dropped the sword. Shiki kicked the body, "He'll be fully dead in ten minutes." His eyes stared up into mine. Did I just kill a person...a living being. But I'm not a living being nor a person. Well, I am...just not going to be for much longer.
"Are you gonna stand there like a space cadet. Or are we gonna find your boyfriend." He mumbled.
I shook my head, "Yeah!"

Zeros' POV

I could hear corruption upstairs, walls breaking and objects crashing. I stayed still, staring at my dried up blood painted on the stone floor below me.

"(Y/n)..." I whispered put. I held my breath as I heard the cell door open. Hearing a body fall my head shot up seeing her. Her eyes made my insides fall apart, scramble my brain.

"Zero..." She whispered out, tears falling from her eyes. Her legs pushed her up and we made contact, cuts scattered all over her body. Her arms still held strongly around my neck. I breathed out softly, smirking. I watched Shiki make his way towards us, he pulled (Y/N) away from me. Her eyes widen as she began to squirm in his arms. "Let me go!" She screamed, reaching her arms out to me. I looked away, "Get her out of here." I spat. Shikis eyes burned into the side of my head, (Y/N) started kicking and screaming, I grunted.
"Get her out!!" I yelled, facing them. Her body went limb as her eyes stared into mine, pain and betrayal rested in them. I flicked my head away and stared at the dried blood.

"You heard him." Shiki spoke breaking the unsettling silence. (Y/N) shook her head frantically, "No. I'm not leaving. I nearly died up there and you expect me to go, "okay. Yeah, let's go." Well bad news for you! I'm not leaving!" Shiki shrugged and placed her down as I watched in pure sadness as she ran over to me, dropping to her knees once more and hugging me tightly.
"(Y/N), go...please." I mumbled into her hair. Her arms hugged tighter, her voice shaking as she tried to speak, "Like I said...I'm not going anywhere."

Shiki commanded his blood to cut the chains. As they fell the only sound was the rattling of them hitting the cloud stone ground. I sighed, hugging (Y/N) tightly. "Go. Don't come back for me." Pulling away, I stared into her eyes. She shook her head, my hand placed on her damp cheek, wiping away the tears and kissing his forehead.
"Why..." She whispered. I pushed her away, standing up. She followed, arms wrapped around herself.

"I need to speak to someone. Don't follow me." I kissed her cheek and began my way out. "Wait, Zero!" She called. Turning on my heel, I saw her hands held out and resting on them was the gun I gave her.
"Take it." She whispered. I smirked and gripped it tightly, "Thanks." And I disappeared into the darkness.