The Quote In The Wood

The dragging of dirt, the tall hallow trees that rested infront of the abandoned house. I watched in silence as Zero dug up the dry dirt and throw it to the side. A soft shuffle was heard behide me and turning on my heels I saw Shiki dragging Ichiru over by his legs.

A plain Pocky stick danced around in his mouth as he mumbled curses and complaining about how he had to come. He grunted as he dropped the lifeless puppet at my feet, I bent down and touched his cheek. Ice cold, dead.
Zero chuckled angrily, "Isn't this what you always wanted? Brother." His eyes glared over at his twin and tension filled the cold night. Shikis' foot tapped Ichirus' side, checking to see if he was alive; clearly he wasn't.

I glanced into Ichirus' open eyes, a window to the soul they call it. But the more I stared into them, it was easy to see he didn't have one. I placed my hand over his eyes and gently brought my hand down, feeling the eyelids close.
Seven minutes, seven minutes was all he had to watch his life slip from him. I felt no regret but I did fell some sorrow. Glancing around I spotted a small purple flower emerging from the ground. I picked it, hearing the rip of the stem and grabbed Ichirus' bells and began to softly wrap them around the flower and then around his wrist.

Zero groaned and pushed himself out of the man-made grave. I finished off by placing Ichirus' mask over his closed eyes and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.
"Thank you, I'm sorry." I whispered into his ear.

Shiki pulled on my arm causing me to stand up and I stood back watching Shiki throw Ichirus' body into the grave a loud thump was heard and then Zero stared down at his brother. Hurt was covering his eyes. I glanced at Shiki and saw he was watching Zero in a voyeurism way. I slowly walked over to the living twin who was in pain but anger. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Bury him." I whispered into the breeze. Zero nodded, yanking the shovel from the hard dirt and began to throw the dirt back into the grave.

Silence, praying for this spirit to pass on into the world unknown to us. Shiki leaned on a nearby tree, chewing peacefully on his Pocky stick. I finished my farewell, sliding my eyes open a slight glare pierced my eye. I squinted, seeing it was Ichirus' sword. Quietly, I walked over to it and scrapped off the dirt that rested on it. I smiled softly and walked back over to him.

As we walked away, I swear I heard Ichirus' sword softly being pulled out from the dirt on the grave and a barely clear voice whispering, "Thank you for caring, brother."

**

We reached the school, our hands still intertwined. Shiki glanced back at us, gave us a nod and processed away into the darkness. My eyes glanced up to the blood red moon, a cold breeze hugged my body and I felt my hair blow to the side. I watched the cloud of frost dance out of my mouth as I breathed. The slender trees stood tall, broken figures they seemed. The academy rested quietly a few feet infront of us, the hallow cries filled our ears. I met Zeros' eyes and saw that his silver ones were planted on a near by tree. Smiling, "Let's go over there." I pulled on his hand, he struggled at first but soon followed my steps.

The leaves crunching under our feet and the wind dancing around us, gave off a calm feeling. The stars were bright on a night where the red moon is visible for all the vampires and Level E's. I fell onto the lush grass and watched the light grey clouds ghost around us and I felt Zero sigh as he placed himself next to me, "I guess this is it right?"
I shrugged, "It's all over." A small smile tugged on my lips and I felt his warm arm wrap around my waist in such a fragile way. I rested my head on his shoulder and I watched his chest softly rise and fall.
Zero stared up at the sky, "You know, all that time I was in there. I was thinking about you..." He whispered as some fallen leaves danced past us. His fingers dug into my waist a small bit and I was pulled closer into him.
"I thought that I never actually loved you. Like it was a spell on me and I wanted to break it." He mumbled. I rolled my head up and watched his eyes move around the sky. "But as I was tied to those chains...seeing you was the only thing that kept me going." He looked down at me, smirking slightly.
My eyes widen at his confession and I had no idea how to react. I gently pushed him away and stood up, feeling my world rise up along with me. I smiled down at him, "Is that really you that's saying all those things Silver Boy?"
He chuckled softly, pushing himself up. I stayed still, watching his movements carefully. He stepped forward and gently placed his hand on my cheek, rubbing under my eye with his thumb. He rested his other hand on my waist. Our foreheads touched and I closed my eyes.

White snow, something that is not red. Began to fall from the sky, I pulled away from Zero and lifted up my hand to let the snow fall into it. I looked up at Zero, tears sprung from my eyes, "Are we gonna die..." I whispered. Zeros' expression fell and he bought me into his arms so tightly that it seemed if he was to let go, I was disappear with the wind. I collapsed into his arms, my screams and cries were heard loud through my ears and my eyes began to go cloudy. I completely fell into a bottomless pit of tears and I felt our bodies fall to the ground. The snow fell around us, on us and all we could do was sit there while I cried in his arms.

I promised. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

"No. No we aren't." Zero whispered painfully into my hair as he stroked it gently.
"I promised-I promised. I-I-I wouldn't-wouldn-" I choked between my tears. Zero hushed me and he pulled me deeper into his embrace.
I cried out in the snow that night. Zero was there, holding me in his strong cold arms.
People-no. Monsters like this; once we become something we can't turn back into, we have to find someone who is willing to stay, someone who is willing to protect us till their last dying breath.

And that was Zero. Who vowed to stay by me till we both become insane and die by the bullet of a Bloody Rose.

All I remember from that night was the crying and the quote that was planted in the tree;
'She came back for me.'

END