Chapter 28 - Back to Work

"Well now that he's out we can finally chit chat."
"Ugh...defiantly not now mom. I am too tired to talk. I'll see you all tomorrow "
Without Listening to any further comments I move to my room.
I don't even bother to change and let the sleep take over me .

------
I wake up to the sound of pots and cups rattling in the kitchen. I huff in annoyance and try to cover my ears with my pillows but I still fail to fall asleep again. I give up and decide it's time to get up. I straight away go to the kitchen to fetch some milk not even bothering to wish my mom good morning.
" oh look who's finally up ! For heavens sake Kate a young lady like you shouldn't sleep that much . Instead you should go out to Parks for a little jog or maybe hit the gym . Look at all the fat you're storing up right there ." She says patting my tummy.
" thanks for your valuable advice mom but I don't care . I have to get ready for office , I have a really important meeting to attend to. " I don't bother to have a proper breakfast I just grab a banana and walk towards my room to get ready .
After following my normal routine of getting ready I take my keys and head out.
"Kate listen up. " my mom interrupts " come home early today "
" what ? Why ?" I say irritated.
" you have a date with alexis today ." She declares . I know I couldn't just say no because of the deal that we made even though I was groaning in annoyance in the inside.
I don't really know why but I have a bad feeling about all of this.
"Yeah .. I'll see."
With that I fetch my purse and head out. I really need to get to the office and start clearing up my mind.
The ride to the office was as usual . Same old buildings , lanes and people.
Upon reaching the office the first thing I do is to order for a coffee.
" Anusha . Can you please get a coffee for me from Starbucks ?"
" sure mam . What would you like ?"
" just my usual"
"Alright mam . I'll get it for you."
" thanks Anu . You've made my day " I smile and walk towards my cabin.
As soon as I reach there my pager goes off indicating that I have been called by Mrs Claire to her office.

---
I do not seem to notice how quickly the time passes by with the meeting and when I glance at the clock it already indicates that it's time for me to leave for my 'Date'.
My phone beeps and I take a look a message
Unknown number-
Hey Kate , it's me alexis . I just wanted to inform you that I wish to take you out today . Please meet me at The Phoenix - 39 downtown Bridge at 7 o clock. Will see you there x
P.S - can't wait to see you again .
P.S.S - where something nice ..it's not that you're not beautiful ...damn you can even make a brown bag look good ;)
Bye xox
I don't know why but a smile creeps on my face. He seems like a cute guy though and he is handsome.....
Wait
Hold up.
Did I just complement Alexis ???
No no no no ... !! This can't happen ? I love Zayn and nobody else. Alexis may seem sweet but Zayn is the one I love .
Go. I need to get my sh!t together . Ugh,,
It's seems like today's gonna be a long night ....

A/N
Crappy chapter I know. Im sorry . I promise the updates get better each and every time.
Peace.
Khyati xoxo