Chapter 16- Meeting Families

KATE'S POV *-----

I had just finished a scrumptious meal and was heading towards my bedroom to play some video games. I heard my phone buzz and I assumed it was a message from Zayn . I picked it up and smiled because my assumption was right From - Zaynie <3

'Hey Love ! Can you come over for lunch at my house ? My family really wants to meet you now. They are eating my head of <3 They love you too much '

Wow . That seems impressive .

To - Zaynie <3

'hey baby ! Wow its so good to know that your family loves me. I'd love to meet them as well '

He replied -

'Okay babe . See you at 1:00 . I have emailed you the address'

I glanced at the clock and it strikes 11:30. Shit ! I had just one and half hour to get ready. And assuming that I am still in my superman pajamas , I need to make it quick. I kinda jumped from the dinning table and landed straight into my bedroom. I went into my bathroom and stripped off I really needed to take a shower right now .

After the shower I came out with just a towel wrapped around my bare body. I took my iPod out and clicked 'Hit' . Apparently I needed music to calm me down.

Track - Queen of disaster by Lana Del Ray.

Honestly I am a bit nervous . I know that Zayn's family happily accepted our relationship unlike mine but I am still getting jitters like I did when it was first day at my new school. They had just heard about me , They hadn't seen me. And it was Zayn telling them good things. What if their perspective changes when they see me ? What if I act weird ? what if I puke in front of them ? What if I slip? What if a large brick falls on my head ? What if......

I swear my thoughts were running wild Until the track changed.

Track - I gotta feeling by black eyed peas.

I got a feeling ... I hummed

that today's lunch will be a good one

that today's lunch will be a good good one.

Ohh Ohh !!

After I finished getting ready I looked at myself for the final time in the mirror . My Light wavy hair was perfectly matching with the little pink dress that I was wearing. My make up was light as I emphasised more on natural beauty . The Mascara was perfect and the eyeliner combined with kajal complemented my eyes.

I look at the clock. It ready 12:45. Okay so I better get going.

After what felt like ages I finally reached his house. I confidently walked to the front porch and mentally prepared myself.

Ting - Tong

Okay Kate , Stop freaking out !

Its just your Boyfriends parents. They are nice unlike yours. I felt my body tense up and my palms began to sweat. Oh boy ! Sweating will ruin my make up ! Why does this happen to me ? Why does...

"Hello there Pretty girl , You must be Kate" A women somewhere in her mid- 40's spoke. I think she's Zayn's mother.

"Hello I am Kate . Nice to meet you "

"Nice to meet you too honey. I am Trisha , Zayn's mother " She introduced herself and hugged me. She asked me to come in. I gracefully walked inside and Zayn embraced me in a warn hug. I feel so good in his arms.

"Hi baby " He cooed. And kissed my cheek.

"Awwies !" His sisters cooed.

I introduced myself and they came around and hugged me too. Their names were Waliyha , Doniya and Safaa.

A man with a little stubble came into the living room.

"Dad, Meet Kate " Zayn introduced me.

"So this is the girl who stole my boys heart" my cheeks turned into a tint of crimson red . "Zayn, I must admire your choice now "

"Thanks" I replied to the polite gesture.

"Honey you must be tired, Can I get you a little drink " His mom said.

"No No, Mrs. Malik I am fine thank you."

"Kate darling please call me Trisha"

"Sure Mrs...Trisha" I said.

"Do you wanna see around the house ?" Zayn asked

"Yes , I'd love to" He firmly held my hand and headed towards a brown wooden door.

"So this is my room " He pointed out to the room. I walked inside . It was neat and clean for a guy to stay in. There were millions of hair products lined neatly in front of a huge mirror. The walls were filled with paintings and collages which were beautiful.

"Are these made by you ? " I asked.

"No. Its made by Siva from the Wanted ."

"What ?" I asked with a confused face.

"Of course its made by me." He said cracking a smile. I scrunched my nose and stuck out my tongue.

"Do you wanna see the special collection?"

I nodded my head.

He opened the wooden drawer and took out a big file. He handed it to me. I flipped through the pages and saw sketches of batman , power rangers and hulk. My lips curved into a warm smile. I flipped on till a drawing didn't leave my sight. I was a sketch of a girl who had wavy hair and wore a cute baby pink dress with heels . I could figure out that the girl was posing in front of the camera.

Then it all made sense to me.

That girl was me.

I gasped. "Is that me ?"

"Yup. I made this when I came back from the Cosmo shoot."

"Wow !! Its perfect " I exclaimed. Every detail was perfectly drawn . Zayn is a genius.

Never in my whole life had someone made me feel so special.

"Do you like it ?" He asked scratching the back of his neck .

"I love it !" I exclaimed

I engulfed him in a bone crushing hug and kissed him. I couldn't ask for a better partner than him in my life.