Thankful // G

(Based on a dream//not dirty)

-Courtney's POV-(lowkey using my own name bc this is the best dream I've ever had)

I'm thankful for many things. If you asked me to name them all... I wouldn't be able to. But, if you asked me to name the top thing... I  could probably do that.

Well, there's actually two. Ethan Grant Dolan, and Grayson Bailey Dolan. These two amazing boys, are the reasons I am who I am today. They saved me when I was at my lowest. They told me that I was beautiful when the world told me I was not. They said I was worth it when everyone told me to give up. They make me feel wanted when everyone else throws me away. I love these two boys... And they don't even know my name.

~~~

"Courtney get the hell up!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

I was up. I had been up since 6am, doing the homework that I shouldn't have. 

It's Thanksgiving break and the teacher gave us homework. Does she not understand that I won't be able to move after I eat? My moms making her famous Green Bean Casserole. I know, it sounds nasty but dear lord, it's amazing.

"I'm up mom!" I yelled. I looked over the the clock. It was 9am and I still wasn't done writing my essay. What the fuck Mrs.Helms!

I slumped out of bed and went into the hall, looking down from the top of the stairs at my mom. She had her apron on and her hair up. Her hands were cover in... Whatever the hell that was.

"I need you to turn on the sink for me," she said quietly. 

I started to laugh and jog down the steps. As I went to the sink she continued to speak.

"And then I need to you get your brother up and help me clean these dishes that he didn't do last night, we have company coming over." She said.

That  little shit didn't do the goddamn dishes. We have assigned days for a reason! But wait... Did I hear her say we have company coming over?

"Who's coming over?" I asked, moving away from the sink to let her wash her hands.

"Remember Lisa?" She asked. 

I stood there with a blank face, "no."

She rinsed her hands off and grabbed a towel. 

"You know, from my old work," she said.

I continued to stand there like a chicken without a head... Or shall I say Turkey. (Ba dum chhh)

My mom cocked her head to the side and scoffed. "Come on, you don't remember her. You were her favorite little girl!" 

"Mom, I was like 2," I said.

"Well, her and her family are coming over for diner. Everyone's back in New Jersey for the holiday." She said, pulling out her phone.

"Okay," I groaned. That means I actually have  to look presentable. As I started to walk away to wake up my brother, she pulled me back.

"Wait, here's a picture of you and her," she handed me and phone and I took a look. I couldn't remember her but she looked familiar. It started to creep me out a bit so I gave her the phone back.

"Okay, I'm going to get Bryan!" I said, running upstairs.

"Wait, I have a picture with you and her kids. You we all best friends!" She yelled after me.