Proposal // E

(Not based on a dream//not dirty)

-Cate's POV-

I smiled at myself in the mirror. 

When I got home from work, I found a Victoria's Secret bag outside of my door. There was a note taped to it:

Hey babe. I want you to understand how much you mean to me. Without going any further, I want you to take a look in this bag. I want you to wear everything in here, every last bit. I want you to feel like a princess, my love. My princess. Xx

In the bag I found some black lace lingerie, a pretty black dress, black pump heels, brand new makeup, my favorite perfume, and a pair of diamond earrings. 

When I was finished getting ready I texted him.

Cate: I'm ready babe

Ethan: I'll be there shortly baby girl

Cate: you know, you don't need to do this.

Ethan: you're right, I don't... But I want to. I want to make you feel like the princess you are

Cate: I'm not a princess

Ethan: fine bitch ❤️

Cate: see you soon buttface ❤️

He knows me so well.

I stepped outside of my house and locked the door. I sat on my porch while flipping through the photo gallery on my phone. I came across some old pictures of Ethan and I. The more I scrolled, the farther the memories went. I soon came upon the pictures before college, when we were still in highschool. 

I continued to look through the old pictures until I stumbled upon one that caught my attention. It was from the day Ethan first asked me to be his girlfriend.

*flashback*

"Just call my naaaaaame, and I'll be there!" Ethan yelled.

We had just gotten back from my chorus concert and I finally convinced my mom to let Ethan take me somewhere.

"Stop," I giggled as we walked hand and hand on the beach.

My mom won't let me date until I'm 16. But, I had a heart to heart conversation with her. Ethans been my best friend since day one. He knows me better then I know myself and vice versa. She didn't need to get to know Ethan, he was practically living at our house.

Anyways, my mom said she wouldn't mind if I dated Ethan. But anyone else, it would have to wait till I'm 16. I'm only 15 years old but I'm a sophomore! I feel like such a child.

"You did great tonight, with your solo and all," he said, nudging my shoulder.

"Yeah right," I scoffed, "I sounded like a llama on crack."

He turned his attention to me. I could see he was trying to keep from laughing.

As we kept walking it felt like Ethan was nervous or distracted. We soon came upon the lifeguard stand and Ethan almost jumped out of his skin.

"Let's go up there!" He said, dragging me along with him as he ran.

"Nooooo, we'll get caught!" I yelled, trying to pry my hand out of his grasp.

"No we won't," he said, picking me up bridal style and carrying me towards it.

Our laughs filled the air as he sprinted across the sand, quickly looking around to make sure no one saw us.