Motivation // G

(Based on a true life event of mine//not dirty)

~Destinee's POV~

I let the last of my tears fall from my eyes before rolling over and getting comfortable. I looked up at my window only to find more lost hope.

"Oh look, the sun's up," I said to myself.

I groaned, getting out of bed and walking to my bathroom. 

I couldn't skip school even if I tried. My parents would probably kill me for even thinking about it. Even if I stayed home in bed all day, they'd send me away.

I staired at myself in the mirror, poking at the defined bags underneath my eyes. I got a sum of zero hours of sleep last night. I guess I should've learned my lesson a while ago.

My life is surrounded by music, it's all I ever think about. Last night at exactly 7:14pm, my favorite band announced their ending. Their last show was in Boston, many miles away from me.  (this is supposed to be when Magcon broke up)

Most people would call me weak for even caring so much. Not like I'd ever meet them. Not like they even care about me. Not like they even know I exist.

This band that I speak of. These boys that you call 'gay'. The people who you think are so bad, are the only reason I'm happy. And for you to bash them like that, is unacceptable.

I was interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Destinee, do you want a ride to school?" My mom asked, peeking her head into my room.

"Yeah, sure, just let me get dressed," I said, walking over to my closet to begin my search.

My mom walked in and came up to me, grabbing my face in her hands.

"Why do you have bags under your eyes?" She asked, getting aggravated. "You weren't on that phone all night were you?"

I sighed. She hates the whole concept of social media, or electronics, or electricity in general.

"No mom, I felt sick all night," I lied, throwing in some spice to make her think about letting me stay home.

"Awh," she said, feeling my forehead. "Take some asprin on your way to the car okay?"

And with that she left. Wow.

Fifteen minutes later I found myself jumping out of my moms car and looking down at my outfit. I threw on the first thing I saw; adidas soccer pants, a basement t-shirt, and some black vans.

"I won't be able to pick you up today, I'm staying late at work," my mom said, rolling down her window.

"Oh, that's great," I said sarcastically.

"Have a great day!" She yelled, speeding off. She completely ignores me sometimes.

~

I went through the whole day in a daze. In ever class I'd rest my head down and cry. I didn't want to talk to anyone, not even my best friend. I ignored my teachers when they called me out in class. I refused to leave and I refused to listen.

I spent lunch in the guidance office, not by choice. I didn't talk to her either. Eventually everyone left me alone, a beat too late I may add. Before I knew it the final bell rang and I was on my way to the bus.

I was the first one there even though I'm always the last. I walked to the back of the bus and sat in the last seat in the right. I slid all the way in and rested my head in the window. A few minutes later my friend Grayson hopped on, smiling like always.

"Hey Destinee," he chimmed, sliding in the spot next to me.

"Hi," I mumbled.

He sat there for a minute, looking at me.

"Give me a hug," he said softly, he knew I was upset.

I turned away from the window and fell into his body. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me so close I could feel his heartbeat.

After a few seconds I pulled away and sat up, looking at the half full bus. The driver closed the door and buckled her seatbelt. I felt Gryason move his hips into mine.

"You got a big ass," he chuckled.

I smiled for a second. "Wow, thanks."

"That's a compliment," he swished.

I felt him looking at me again as I avoided eye contact.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" He asked as the bus pulled out of the school parking lot.

I sighed, pulling out my phone and pressing the button to show my lockscreen.

"You see these guys?" I asked, showing him my phone.

He took it into his hands and looked at it for a second. When he was done, he gave it back.

"Yeah, what about them?"

Our bus came to its first stop. Our route was really quick, everyone lived close by.

"They're my happiness, they're my escape," I paused, choking back the tears.

Grayson just sat there, never looking away from me. I still never made eye contact with him.

I finally gave up when the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I turned my head and looked directly into his beautiful eyes.

"And now they're gone." 

A single tear fell from my eye and I shifted my whole body and looked out the window. My stop was coming up soon.

"They were my motivation," I whispered, "and now I have no one."

Those last words were meant for myself and myself only. Graysons stop came up and I watched the kids file off the bus. When the bus took off, I realized Grayson never got off.

My thoughts were tented to when I felt his hands snake around my waist, connecting in my lap. He rested his head on my shoulder and brought my body to his. We both staired out the window as my stop approached.

"I'll be your motivation," he said ever so softly before standing up and letting me out of my seat. 

I stood up, unable to speak as he pulled me in for a hug and let me walk off the bus. I stepped into the warm sun and shaded my eyes as the bus pulled away. I watched the windows go by and looked into his eyes one more time before turning away.

The whole way home I kept repeating what he said:

I'll be your motivation.

~end of imagine~

Just so you know, his name was Chris and no, he never asked me out

~(:)Courtney(:)