@JessicaBFry - Engagement Ambassador

Engagement - This team carry out various experiments in the community to see what engages in a positive manner such as genre profiles, contests etc and also maintain our social channels (twitter/facebook/WP Ambs Profile)

1. Introduction:

Hi there! I'm @JessicaBFry though my pen name for fiction is J.M. Butler. I'm an attorney as well as an author, and I love writing speculative fiction, especially epic fantasies. My husband and I run a law firm together, and we are also church youth leader volunteers, best known for our geeky parties with cosplaying, cool prizes, fun games, and delicious food. I enjoy trying out new hobbies and stretching my limits. I'm a bad knife thrower but a pretty good cook. I'm terrible with small talk, but I enjoy drawing, painting, singing, dancing, acting, and so on.

2. Why I become an Ambassador:

I adore writing in all its forms. Yes, even editing. And I love working with other writers, encouraging them to be their best and watching them develop into even stronger writers. Encouraging people to read is another of my joys. So becoming an ambassador seemed like a natural extension. As an ambassador, I get the chance to help people enjoy Wattpad even more and develop their love for reading and writing.

3. Projects that I'm crazy about and why:

The project I most love is the Tue-Rah series. The first book, Identity Revealed, was the first novel I actually started though not the first novel I finished. It's been revised many times, and I've worked on this series almost daily for over twenty years. It was the epic fantasy story that had everything I wanted in a fantasy series: shapeshifters, mindreaders, battles, Earth, foreign lands, complex cultures, romance, a fantastically strong female lead, witty dialogue, monsters, and prophecies turned upside down. Plus I tried to take a lot of the more common tropes and give reasons for them and consequences. Essentially, it was the story I wanted to read that I hadn't found yet. I've been working on the series all these years, and I hope soon it will be completed. But my love for it has increased with the wonderful readers who have supported me and engaged with the story, encouraging me to develop more of the novellas and coming up with their theories of how it will all work out. Working on a series this large for so long can sometimes be discouraging, but these amazing readers have been so kind and generous with their words and support.

4. Lol:

Hmmm...well, I have been doing research on Shakespearean inspired jokes, and this one makes me giggle. Knock, knock. Who's there? Et. Et who? Etu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar! You should check out the Shakespeare Geek Knock Knock Jokes for some other really fun ones.

5. Wattpad:

There are so many good things about Wattpad. But the greatest thing has been the people I have met. One of the first people I met and connected to was @EmilyLK, a gifted and fun fantasy writer who loved dragons as much as me. I also met other writers like @JayVictor, @SarahBensonBooks, @amberkbryant, @BrittanieCharmintine, @linna1029, @_Ahna_, @Monrosey, and all the other members of the Wattpadres. Then later on, I met @KellyAnneBlount, @natsaninja, @MayTijssen and @seventhstar and so many others. The community I have had with these people, their brilliant stories, and all the great times we have had has made this one of my favorite writing communities. There have also been a number of incredible initiatives like @StoryofAshlyn's @NoSeriously, @5ifthproject's 5Qi as well as this project, @KellyAnneBlount's Wattpad Block Parties, and @natsaninja's The Corner Booth. And too many to even begin to name them all. But what it all boils down to is community and the great people who make it a community worth participating in.

..............................................................................................

PORTRAIT - Ambassadors at a Glance

By: @5ifthproject / Thomas: Engagement Ambassador

Dec. 08, 2015