Chapter 5 - Undeniable

A/N: I wanted to take this chance to thank you all for the incredible support this story has so far, even when I feel like I'm losing hope and will probably end up deleting this or something you're all always there to make me feel so amazingly happy- I don't think half of you realise how stupidly happy you make me- your kindness and support is forever appreciated, I love you all :) x

------

Accompanied closely back down to the ground, you managed to persuade Jacob into not driving you home and instead had decided to get a carriage back, which you were rather relaxed about- because as much as you had grown to really like Jacob over the space of the day, you were not a keen fan of his driving.

"I cant wait to fill in the details of London into my diary later..." you exhaled softly, taking one last look at the faint yellow sky in the distance, specifically missing out the part where you were gong to write about Jacob in your diary too.

"You keep a diary?" he asked keenly, and upon the sounding of his words you turned back to lock your gaze with his own, a half cocked rather surprised smile on his face. "That's rather sweet actually- I wouldn't have the dedication to do something like that." He chuckled, his eyes returning to the route ahead of him, as you remained looking at the angular structured lines of his jaw, another bout of those giddy feelings whirring in the pit of your stomach.

Quickly, your (eye colour) eyes shot down to the dull grey cobbles of the street, chuckling nervously as you felt your cheeks flaming again, cursing yourself for looking such a fool.

"It's alright once you get yourself into a habit." you explained softly, and then suddenly the thought of Jacob imagining you scrawling down your inner most thoughts and feelings made you internally shriek in embarrassment, "But its not just for anecdotes and things! I collect little souvenirs' like letter stamps and charms and things."

Suddenly his warming laugh filled the brittle October air again, an inviting aura just radiating off him- Jacob was just becoming someone you really wanted to be around a lot very quickly- something you'd hadn't experienced as of yet.

"Evie kept a diary once when we were very young," he managed to say in amongst the sniggers, "She didn't have it locked and then was furious when I read it- most of the entries were nasty things written about me and her little petty fancy on the boy from the corner by the High Street." Jacob harked, as you ended up laughing, the image of a tiny young Evie savagely shouting at her younger, devilish little twin for reading her diary just made you crack up. There was also a slightly light in Jacob's eyes when he talked about his childhood, something really lovely to see, like he enjoyed recollecting his past antics.

Heading further away from Kings Cross and towards a few carriages, the pair of you managed to close the space between your sides again, until you were brushing elbows slightly. You weren't sure if Jacob was being sneaky and getting closer to you, or there was some magnet force between you that deemed you must be together, either way you weren't complaining about it.

Passing a few remaining people out on the last of their daily business before sundown, it was a simple pace of just being able to stroll back to wherever the nearest carriage would be waiting to pick you both up- that was before you were halted in your tracks when you had realised Jacob had in fact left your side. You had noticed him dropping behind a little but you were so lost in admittedly, girlish daydreaming, that you didn't even realise he was gone.

"Here!" came a chirrupy little voice which sounded very much pleased with itself when you let a surprised squeak escape your lungs in surprise, and you spun quickly back to face the way you were walking previously, gruffing at him for scaring you.