Chapter 18 - Your Blessing, Sir?

A/N: I love this writing time before work it makes me happy.

Anywhere here's a chapter :)

----

The passive rocking of the carriage with each pace the horse trotted soothed you, and suddenly next to Jacob the chill didn't seem as bad anymore. 

After a short while you ended up succumbing to your exhaustion, lying against him as your body transpired into sleep. It was a dreamless and light sleep however, as it seemed the Rooks had managed to navigate you quickly back to Uncle Aleck's shop.

"Here will do fine lads," Jacob called, as the carriage rolled to a halt just outside of the shop, and he reached over to press the handle open on the carriage. "Come on, (name)," he ushered with a soft tone, slipping his arms under your form and scooping you effortlessly up, holding you tight when he felt once again how cold you were.

The front door to the shop was already open, Georgie waiting anxiously, leaning on the doorframe.

"Miss Bell!" She cried, not long before Aleck too was hanging in the doorway with a look of pure relief on his expression.

"Oh Jacob, thank you!" Aleck called, quickly ushering Jacob inside with you still in his arms, setting you down on the desk top as Georgie rushed and fetched you a warm, soft blanket, before returning to wrap it around your form.

"Where the bloody hell were you!?" Aleck cried, irate out of the pure shock you'd given him, "you could've died for all I'd known! I was worried sick." He added, but you were looking straight ahead still, (eye colour) eyes fixated on the floor, unable to look at him.

"I'm sorry uncle..." You sighed, before your eyes flickered nervously up to Jacob, and he returned a similar sort of gaze. You both knew it was time.

Taking a deep breath in, Jacob forced a smile and looked over at Aleck, clearing his throat slightly.

"Can we er- have a word with you, Mr Bell?"

That's when your uncle's eyes widened- Jacob never addressed him with such formality- and he was already suspicious of this.

"Yes of course..." He replied slowly, narrowing his eyes slightly as Aleck walked across the shop floor to the door, and closed it with a gentle click, turning back to face the view of you sat on the desk bundled in a blanket with Jacob stood at your side.

"Uncle-" you went to croak, preparing yourself for the entire story before Jacob stopped you, laying his hand on your shoulder softly.

"No, you need to rest. Including your voice." He said softly, his hazel orbs tearing from you as the younger Frye twin looked back at your uncle who was glaring suspiciously between you both, clearly trying to figure the pieces.

"Aleck, we think it's time we told you that-"

"You haven't made my niece into an assassin have you?" Your uncle asked in a fretting tone, "her mother will wring me out like a dishcloth!"

Jacob frowned softly to the idea, urgently shaking his head.

"Dear god, no-" he intercepted, "no, (name) and I-"

"You better not be messing with any street gangs-"

"Uncle Aleck!" You barked, using all of your energy to get your voice heard as both men stared at you wide eyed- surprised to hear your voice so loud. Taking a deep breath in, you slowed your breathing and prepared to let, to date, your biggest secret go.

"Uncle," you began, watching his face carefully so you could prepare to gage his reaction, "myself and Jacob have been courting... For quite some time now..." You spoke in a rather small, but clear voice, as you watched your uncle's eyes widen a little out of confusion and what seemed to be- fear.