Chapter 12 - Jealous?

A/N: I'm kind of all the place when it comes to what I want to do with this fic. My heart says one thing and my brain another- I just don't want it to fall into this romantic cliche :/

Try to enjoy this chapter but it will be a filler until I work out what I really want to do with this story.

-----

Warm rays from the sun's morning light drifted in through the window of your room, the translucent lace curtains not doing much to shield the light.

Groaning, you turned in bed and hugged your pillow tight as you stirred, smiling sleepily as you went to stretch-

Ow

A tender pain in between your legs caused you to wake up fully, alarmed- before it all came flooding back. The party, and Jacob. Suddenly the pain seemed less of an urgency, as you knew exactly why you were sore.

It was early enough when you eventually gained the motivation to slip from your bed, stretching as you set about getting yourself washed and dressed for the day ahead- whatever it might hold.

Feeling a lot more comfortable with Jacob again made you reminisce, as you pulled your simple grey dress from the chest of drawers, not hesitating any longer to throw it over your form.

"Good morning, (name)." Aleck called once you were downstairs, and you smiled sleepily as you gained the courage to slowly lift yourself onto the shop desk, sitting down gently as you feared for a dull pain.

"This is for you." He smiled, quickly handing you a small plate with a well buttered and jammed crumpet, and then a cup of tea. "Georgie made it for you about ten minutes ago- I could hear you moving about upstairs so I suggested she just leave it with me." He added, as you nodded thankfully and took a bite, noticing he was tinkering about with something.

"What's that?" You asked after a sip of tea, (eye colour) eyes scanning the object with a curiosity, as Aleck turned around to face you.

"Just a little thing I've been working on- I showed the blue prints to a lovely young lad at the party last night-"

"You're an odd man, taking blue prints to a party!" You giggled, watching him give you a mock stern look.

"You know I like to get my patrons where I can, (name)." He said, before chuckling, brown eyes flirting back down to the weird metal box, wires escaping one of the open sides, "but yes, ahem- he seemed a very nice boy- he said you were very beautiful in fact."

There was something nervous in his voice that made your eyes narrow, why was he avoiding your gaze now as well.

"He er- saw you standing at the side of the room with your glass of wine and he asked me if you were courting-"

"Uncle!" You cried, knowing exactly what he'd done- he'd only gone and set you up! Your heart thudded out of fear and frustration- what about Jacob?

There was no way you could tell your Uncle about you and Jacob- he'd have a fit if he knew you were at risk to Templar attacks.

"Long story short he's arriving in under half an hour to take you out on a short excursion." Your uncle rambled quickly to get the statement out, wincing a little as he saw you scowl.

"Oh Uncle Aleck!" You hissed, wanting to tear your hair out.

"I know you said you weren't looking for romance but he seems perfect for you- he likes inventing, he's very polite- I thought you'd be pleased." He added in his defence, a hurt tone in his voice that made you soften. How was he to know? It was only that he had your best intentions at heart.