Chapter 20 - Old Money

A/N: oh my god we're here- we made it. And why does this hurt a little? ;-; I feel emotionally attached to this fic :(

Anyway I'm so glad I could've shared this journey with you- and imagining some of you (maybe?) getting excited when you saw this story updated with a new chapter makes me smile like a goon. I don't deserve any of your kindness and support, you delicate Angel children xo

Anyway- off we go, onto the final segment of our adventure with Mr Frye...

(An ask from me, please don't listen to the song attached to the chapter until I write in the cue for it, otherwise it won't make sense :) )

------

Your heart beat thumped in your ears, the blood rushing to your head as your eyes drank in the sight of him opening the small box in his hands, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Jacob..." You stammered, eyes flickering up madly to his own, your heart bursting with joy when you saw the promising and hopeful look in his charming boyish eyes.

"(Name) Bell, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" He asked, a genuine and solid tone to his voice that told you he knew exactly what he was doing and his reasons for it.

Hot tears prickled at your eye, crystallising your vision as you threw your arms around him, burying your face into his shoulder in a pure moment of succumbing to the emotions inside. The question you had been dying to hear all your life, coming from the lips of the one who meant most to you. An offer you could not refuse.

"Oh Jacob, of course!" You cried, your tone wavering madly with the pure excitement that gripped your system, the smile on your face bright and inextinguishable, like a roaring fire.

That moment as you both stood next together, bodies embraced in a tender gesture of pure affection- the backdrop of the working and busy city around you- yet still the world seemed to freeze for you.

Jacob withdrew, looking with an enamoured gaze into your (eye colour) eyes, lifting his hand to your face, ghosting his touch over your cheek with a content smile.

No words were needed- it was pure perfection.

Taking his large hand from your cheek, Jacob gently prised open the box again and slipped the silver banded and diamond embedded ring over your ring finger, and you practically died with the adorable and satisfied look on his face. You were finally his, properly.

"I think we should go back and tell Uncle Aleck." You smiled, leaning in with a girlishly smitten demeanour and kissing him chastely.

"A wise idea, Mrs Frye-To-Be." Jacob chuckled, clearly rather liking the sound of your new title.

Unsure of how it was possible, the pair of you were even more lovelorn than before as you walked the way home together, you leaned in with your head resting on his shoulder, his arm protectively around your waist. Your fiancé. The words alone made your heart sing aloud.

It was more then safe to say; you were solidly, truly and deeply in love.

-----

The road outside of Aleck's shop was mostly empty, a scarce amount of carriages or even pedestrians for London residence.

From the top of the road, a dark and imposing looking black carriage was drawn slowly towards the Bell residence. Gold and red decals lined the frame of the carriage, and inside the seats were embellished a deep crimson red velvet with gold button studs, the same shade of red implemented into the curtains that framed the small windows.