Chapter 6 - To Be Or Not To Be?

With a profound slam that shook the desk, Evie dropped some of her books and research down on the table in the train car where Jacob had crawled onto the couch and passed out sometime in the early hours of the morning.

"Jacob, you bone idle fool," Evie cussed, turning to see that he hadn't even stirred to the noise she had created. The elder Frye twin poked her brother hard on the shoulder, but he only groaned and turned to lie facing the back rest of the red settee. "What time did you get back here last night?"

"Some.... time...." he mumbled, barely able to force his words out before he sighed deeply, looking like he was settling back down to sleep.

"Jacob, damn it, wake up- it's approaching half past ten!" Evie snarled, she had been up since 7 o'clock in the morning, and didn't tolerate laziness. "I cannot believe you actually went out to see (name) last night- I was joking about thatm you do know?"

"Hmph." Jacob responded monosyllabically, and once again it looked like Evie wasn't going to get any sort of response from her brother.

Resorting to more punctual terms, Evie grasped the back of Jacob's jacket and physically hauled him from the couch, letting him fall to the floor harshly with a loud bang as she stepped back, hearing his little disturbed cries of confusion and pain.

"Ow... what as that for?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck as he propped himself up on his elbows, looking up at Evie who was towering over him with her arms folded across her chest.

"Jacob I need to seriously talk to you about what you're getting yourself into." Evie cautioned, her blue eyes flickering over his expression quickly as her own remained stone cold. "I know you like (name) but what I said yesterday was only just a tease- you shouldn't get yourself involved with her."

Jacob felt his heart sink, "Why not?" he asked, if he wasn't allowed to see you, he wanted a good reason for it.

Evie paced towards the train window, leaning against the wall slightly as she let a small sigh slip her lips, before resting her back to the wall.

"You have a duty to London, first of all- we came here to free the people of the Templars- and I'm not having you fall in love and muck it all up for us." she scoffed, as Jacob manged to get himself to stand, dizzying a little before he made a face back at her.

"Ooh! Says you!" he began, shaking his hands slightly, "Oh Henry, gaze wistfully into my eyes whilst we talk about all the great knowledge you retain my darling." he teased, before folding his arms across his chest and watching as it was Evie's turn to get a little more wound up.

"I don't- That's not the truth." she replied hotly, her eyes falling down for a second before she breathed in sharply and looked back at Jacob, "And even if it was - Mr Green is a trained assassin with many years of experience and he could handle the trouble this line of work brings. (name) is just a girl who has no idea what goes on around her."

"So what are you trying to say to me, Evie?" Jacob asked, getting the ever bothering sense she was once again belittling him.

"I'm saying you are practically walking the girl to her death. If you are known to be associated with her, the Templars will use it against you. Use her against you." Evie cautioned, staring at Jacob with worry flooding into her eyes, "If you really care about her, do you really want that to be her fate?"

A sigh left Jacob's body- he heard what Evie was saying but he didn't want to sit back and admire you from afar, even if it was safer for you. Jacob knew that if he had to protect you, he would do, and at any cost.

"I'm sorry Evie..." was all he could manage, not wanting to have to explain all of his emotions to Evie, especially when she clearly disapproved. Wordlessly, Evie hung her head slightly, before pushing off the wall and pacing to the end of the car.