Sunset Cruise

"Follow me, Chan. Raiden asked me to lead you to him," Kira stated as she and Chan were running through the empty streets of Russia.

"What about Kobra?" Chan asked. Kira was silent for a moment.

"Let's just run," Kira responded. They end up running into a dead end. Kira looks at Chan with fear in her eyes. Suddenly, a dark-skinned figure with silver hair approaches them. She wielded a short katana and was prepared to use it. Kira rushes to her, but she is quickly killed as the woman decapitates her.

"This can't be happening. What's going on here?" Chan asked. The figure turned out to be Jataaka. She disengaged her sword and began to laugh wholeheartedly.

"I don't know what Kira saw in you. Can't you see, Hornbuckle? This is a trap," Jataaka responded. Suddenly, Shinnok and Quan Chi arrived before Chan while guarding his only way out. Chan was terrified by their presence, but he was also angered by what they did to Kira. Quan Chi smiled as he began to speak.

"Welcome, Shaolin warrior. Your Thunder God is beaten; Earth's warriors, destroyed. You are the last remnant of the Forces of Light. Do you wish to beg for mercy from your new master, Lord Shinnok?" Quan Chi taunted. Chan clinched his teeth as he knew it was all over. He decided to make one final stand.

"NEVER SORCEROR!" Chan dashed for the exit. Quan Chi glanced over to Shinnok. Shinnok's eye glowed green. He prepared to kill Chan, but suddenly he woke up.

"Chan, are you alright?" a voice called out. It was Raiden. Apparently, Chan fell asleep while standing on the boat. He looked around and realized just how beautiful the sea was.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I just had a bad nightmare. It felt so real," Chan said. He began to rub his forehead as he tried to remove the memories.

"Why don't you go and meet your new allies in this tournament? It should help you clear your head," Raiden suggested. Chan nodded.

"Thanks Raiden," he responded. Chan walks over to two other Earthrealm warriors who were conversing with each other.

"What's up? It's Cage. Johnny Cage," the man greeted. The woman rolled her eyes in disgust.

"I don't have time for this," she muttered. "Either be serious or go away." She looks at Chan as she notices his presence. "Are you here to harass me too?"

"Err...no. I was just being friendly. My name is Hornbuckle. I was thinking maybe we could talk about the upcoming tournament."

"I'm not interested in this tournament. I have a personal mission. The name's Sonya by the way," she says as she walks away from the two of them.

"Don't steal my thunder kid. I saw her first. Hey, wait up!" Johnny Cage said as he walked behind Sonya. Chan was confused. He then turned around and saw a group of three people arguing. It was two men and a young woman.

"I've returned from the dead after you killed me. You stole your older brother's costume and tried to push the blame on him when you killed me. I will have my revenge."

"The Shirai Ryu is dead. You are just a soulless corpse and a puppet."

"First I shall kill you. Then I will kill that witch, Tesla. The Lin Kuei shall also fall to my wrath."

"As much as I'd like to see you two rip each other apart, I'd like to remind you both that everyone on this boat is under contract. If either of you fight before you are allowed to, you'll face deadly consequences."

"Hey guys. I couldn't help but overhear that the three of you were discussing the tournament. I was thinking maybe we could talk before we go out there, so we'll know there are no hard feelings," Chan says. Both the Lin Kuei warrior and the Shirai Ryu warrior give Chan an evil glare. He becomes a bit startled. They then leave his presence and go to another area of the boat. Chan looks towards the ground as he discovers that it's hard to make friends on this boat.