Celebration

"Everyone may adjourn. We will return after Tonight's supper." Shang Tsung stated. Everyone began to leave the area. Tesla, Raskal, Rain, and I were the only ones left. Raskal and Tesla looked upon a laid-out Rain.

"It's nice to see you're awake," Raskal teased. "I thought we lost you for a second there."

"With your condition, I'm surprised you don't lose a lot of things," Rain responded.

"At least we didn't lose a match. You really let that Earthrealm boy defeat you like that? No wonder why your sister Tanya was able to defeat you so well," Tesla teased.

"Half-Sister!" Rain corrected. "She had help from Jade." He thought about what he said and realized that he embarrassed himself even more.

"Excuse me..." Chan interrupted. He was expecting a harsh response. "If I may ask, exactly how did his half-sister beat him?" he asked. Raskal and Tesla looked at each other and returned their attention to Chan.

"Her story states that she used a spell that slowed him down. Afterwards, she used a powerful fire blast to ultimately take him out," Tesla explained.

"If I may add, Tanya was only sixteen at that time," Raskal stated.

"That's all lies. She can't use magic. Well, she can now. However, at that time, she didn't even know any magic," Rain confirmed.

"Actually, I believe Rain's story," Chan stated. Raskal and Tesla were dumbfounded by his reply.

"Wait, you agree with him? Even after you beat him?" Raskal asked.

"Actually, I agree with him because I beat him," he added. "The description of the fight from Tanya's point of view is similar to mine. I don't think its luck that caused me to dodge his attacks. For some reason, when I believed that I could dodge his blade, it actually happened. However, my fire is no magic. It was a gift from the Elder Lords."

"This information changes the facts how?" Tesla asked.

"Well, if she did use a fireball, he could've easily extinguished her attack. Not to mention that his water bubble would've killed her," he responded. "The only reason I survived was because of the charm that froze the water and immobilized Rain."

"Great analysis kid. You're absolutely right," Rain stated. Tesla and Raskal were impressed. Chan helped Rain to his feet.

"I'm curious...why would you associate with your enemy?" Tesla asked.

"Well, this conversation helped me realize that not everyone from Outworld is a bad person," Chan responded. Raskal reluctantly agreed while Tesla chuckled at his answer.

"That only applies to Raskal, kid. I went easy on you. The evil things Tesla and I would, could, and will do can't be reasoned with, especially when you face her in the finals," Rain commented.

"Trust me, our match will be brutal. You will learn the true power of fire and darkness. And this time, no one will be able to save you," she added as she kissed Chan on the cheek and gave him a sinister smile.

*Later that night*

Chan, Johnny, Jax, and Sonya begin walking down the halls of Shang Tsung's tower. They enjoy the sight of his royal walls. As they walk inside the cafeteria, two of Shang Tsung's guards walk in front of Chan. The trio became skeptical.

"Here to get our interviews?" Johnny Cage asked.

"Do you always crack jokes?" Jax asked.

"Trust me, Jax, he's serious," Sonya responded.

"Shang Tsung has an invitation to the VIP area of the Cafeteria for Hornbuckle," one Guard stated.

"How do we know you aren't lying?" Sonya asked.