Fire and Darkness

Everyone on the island was standing around the courtyard. Many people still had food in their hands as they awaited the next match. Tesla and Rain were talking with each other. Raskal didn't come to the Courtyard. Kitana, Jade, and Tanya were standing around Shang Tsung as always. The Lin Kuei was standing together like soldiers. Even Reptile, the current champion of Outworld, was watching the Match from a distance. Sonya and Johnny were standing next to Chan, but Jax stayed at the bedrooms.

"What's so great about this fight?" Chan asked.

"When a rivalry occurs and it's strengthened tenfold, the fight is usually a lot more entertaining," Frost explained. "These two have been at it ever since the fall of the Shirai Ryu. He caused Quan Chi to kill off Scorpion's family and clan."

"Then why is Scorpion working with Quan Chi?" Chan asked.

"He's undead and under Quan Chi's spell. He still believes Subzero killed his family," Frost added.

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Chan asked.

"I have my reasons," Shelia responded vaguely.

"Care to elaborate?" Chan asked.

"For one, he wouldn't even believe me. Secondly, I'm Lin Kuei; Scorpion's mission is not my problem. Also, I have a vendetta against Quan Chi. I have to play it safe." Frost explained. "I have more reasons, but we're not on that friendship level yet."

"Then...where are we?" Chan asked.

"You're just a Snowman," Frost responded.

"Well, not much of an upgrade from Shaolin," Chan commented.

"How about a bet? The Loser has to buy dinner; full course."

"It really wouldn't be fair. I already know Scorpion will win. He's going to slash off one of Subzero's arms, breathe fire to him, and use a spine rip. He will then kick Subzero's headless corpse through a portal to the NetherRealm," Chan answered in detail. Frost punched him to the ground.

"I told you before, you're just a snowman. Don't speak of the Lin Kuei like that ever again. Got that?" Frost asked. Chan wasn't surprise as he nodded his head.

"Don't say I didn't warn you when my dinner comes from your tab," Chan responded. Everyone then places their focus on Scorpion and Subzero as they stand in the middle of the stadium.

"So, we meet again, hell spawn. What a surprising and exciting reunion," Subzero stated.

"Subzero..." Scorpion stated. "I'm not like I was before. I have the power of fire!"

"My power has never changed, Scorpion. You'll only die again," Subzero stated.

"Round One..." Everyone is focused on the fight. Their hearts race rapidly as they are ready to witness the greatest fight of their lives. "FIGHT!"

Subzero creates an ice ball in his left hand. Scorpion vanishes in flames and ashes. Subzero is unfazed as Scorpion teleports behind him. He attempts to punch Subzero, but Subzero slams his fist on top of the ice, causing a frozen shockwave to knock Scorpion back. Scorpion uses a wake-up attack by throwing his spear at Subzero. It pierces him, but it turns out that Scorpion struck an ice clone. Subzero uses the clone to freeze Scorpion's spear, but Scorpion prevents him from doing so by using his fire to melt the ice clone. Next, he throws a fireball at Subzero, knocking him back. Everyone is currently impressed.

"This was pretty overhyped," Johnny whispered to Sonya. Frost throws a snowball at Johnny and gives him an evil glare. Back at the fight, both Scorpion and Subzero rise from the ground.