Void

"Ok, help me out here. You and Tanya have the same Father, but different mothers. At the same time, your real Father is Argus, and her father is your stepfather. Why do you both call each other Brother and Sister?" Johnny Cage asked.

"Half-brother and half-sister!' Rain stated.

"Step-brother and step-sister," Tanya corrected.

"This is completely stupid," Sonya commented. At that moment, Kitana appears from a portal and stands beside Shang Tsung. She looked over the courtyard as all eyes were on her.

"This tournament was created for Outworld to take over Earthrealm. We were not planning to destroy your realm, but rather ally with Earthrealm. We're not officially allies yet, but the time to come together starts now," Kitana stated.

"Where is Hornbuckle?" Sonya asked.

"Kahn has ended this tournament. He is also on vacation for the time being. He has granted that Shang Tsung and I take over while he is gone."

"And our friend Hornbuckle?" Johnny asked.

"There is a group known as the Brotherhood of Shadow who is currently holding our friends hostage in Russia. I request that we all prepare for war in case they decide to invade our Realms."

"Where is the Champion of Earthrealm Kitana?" Shang Tsung asked. Kitana gives everyone a cold glare. She proceeds to answer their question.

"The Champion of Earthrealm is dead," she confirmed. Everyone was shocked by her words. "However, his brother, the participant known as Hornbuckle, aka Chan, is very much alive and well."

"Wait...Lui Kang is...?" Sonya asked.

"I lost to his brother?" Rain questioned.

"Earthrealm cheated?" Shang Tsung questioned.

"Does any of this matter? We're on the verge of war. We have to head to Russia immediately and rescue our warriors before they become slaves to the NetherRealm," she explained.

"NO!" Shang Tsung shouted. Everyone looked at him.

"Are you having a heart attack?" Johnny asked sarcastically.

"No, you insolent fool. Do you know what we're up against? We're pretty much dead already," Shang Tsung said.

"Who are we up against?" Johnny asked.

"The NetherRealm Sorcerer Quan Chi and the Former-Elder God Shinnok." Everyone looked back and saw Raiden. He was heavily damaged after attempting to defeat the Brotherhood.

"What happened to you?" Sonya asked.

"Lui Kang, Kung Lao, and Fujin found their hideout in Earthrealm. While Kitana and the others were in Outworld talking with Shao Kahn, I decided to go to their hideout and attempt to save them." Raiden fell to his knees as his powers slowly began to wane.

"Hold on Raiden! You're going to be ok," Johnny said.

"I'm surprised this doesn't shock you cage," Raiden joked. "It looks like I've failed as an Elder Lord. Just like I always do."

"Lord Raiden. You are the protector of Earthrealm and Lord of Thunder. Everything that has happened was destined to happen. You can't be everywhere all the time. The selfish will always blame you for everything. The understanding will encourage you to keep going. Outworld's Elder Lord tried to help everyone and ended up dying. He became an evil Elder Lord and attempted to destroy the realm, but instead he ruled it. His arrogance matched with his ignorance and he lost his throne to Shao Kahn. Remember these words, as soon you will suffer the same fate. What comes after...is up to you," Kitana said. Raiden looked up to her and acknowledged her words. His body disintegrated into nothingness.