Neighbors by Law

"Let's leave!" Chan shouted. "We have who we need, so let's leave." Chan, Kobra, Kira, and a shadowy figure are seen escaping a theater. Along the way, they are fighting against members of the Brotherhood of Shadows. However, these people weren't dead. They were still alive and human. The shadowy figure created a portal that would lead them away from the theater.

"Get in the portal NOW!" the distorted voice shouted. He was the first to leave, along with Kobra, who was half-way through the portal when we heard her voice.

"Wait...stop...you're...." Kira was gasping for air as she was being strangled to death. A white chain was wrapped around her neck. She could barely cry for help.

"Stop it! Stop!" Chan shouted. Kobra wanted to help, but since the portal would close soon, he decided to leave them.

"I'm sorry, Shaolin, but it must be done," the figure behind Kira stated. It turned out to be Frost. "As soon as she dies, my revenge will be complete." Frost then used the chain to snap Kira's neck, instantly killing her.

"NO!" Chan yelled as he rose from his bed. He looked around and realized it was just another nightmare. He was saddened by what happened and became a bit cautious of Frost, even though she seemed trustworthy. Raiden entered Chan's room along with Johnny and Sonya.

"Another nightmare?" Sonya asked.

"I hope not. Your match begins in 20 minutes," Raiden confirmed.

"I'll be fine. That quick nap was all I needed," Chan responded.

The Earthrealm warriors traveled to the courtyard, seeing the many eyes of the audience staring upon Chan. He isn't fazed by their looks, but he is skeptical about who his next opponent will be. He looks up at Shang Tsung and spots Kitana. She closes her fan and makes a threatening throat-slitting gesture.

"Welcome back, to the fourth match up! The chosen kombatant will be Hornbuckle!" Shang Tsung announced. The monks praised him as he walked to the courtyard. "His opponent will be Rain!" Outworld cheers Rain on as he also enters the ring.

"Well, it seems like this will be a short match," Tesla commented out loud. Chan heard her words and began to worry a bit. Rain pulled out his katanas and inspected them.

"Before we begin, I...have to use the bathroom," Chan stated. Everyone went quiet.

"You didn't go before you got here?" Kitana asked.

"I thought I could hold it," Chan responded.

"You're lying!" Kitana shouted. "I've been following you all day; you went to the bathroom earlier this morning before Sonya's fight. You're not going to get out of this—" Kitana was interrupted by Shang Tsung.

"Do what you must Earthrealmer. You can't leave this island, so I won't mind giving you a five-minute intermission. Just make sure you return on time. If you feel that jumping down the pit is a better solution as well, then by all means," Shang Tsung responded. Rain shoved his blades into the ground.

"Make it snappy kid. I don't have all evening," Rain said. Chan ran from the area.

He went to the bridge that stood above the pit and looked at the volcano. He breathed deeply and began to shortly meditate. He looked down at the pit below as he reflected on what was to come.

"I thought you'd be here." Chan is relieved to hear Frost's voice. She seemed worried. Chan forces a crooked smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to jump," Chan stated.

"You have nothing to be afraid of, Shaolin. Rain is just a young fighter from Edenia. He's not as strong as the other kombatants," Frost explained as she stood by Chan.