What are the Chances?

Chan begins to shoot multiple small fire bullets at Rain, who uses his mini water bubbles to defend himself from the fire bullets. As he is distracted, Chan rushes towards him and attempts to use multiple strikes against Rain. Rain attempts to block a swift kick from Chan, but he gets a wake-up call as Chan's kick was powered by an electric pulse. It causes Rain to get shocked, stunning him for a minute. Then Chan fires another fire blast against him, knocking him back.

"What's wrong, Rain? I'm shocked that you haven't killed him yet." Tesla teased in her valley girl voice.

"That's my kind of woman. She has a real sense of humor," Johnny Cage commented.

"You're a real sap, you know that?" Sonya stated. "I bet the groupies love it when you say that."

"You know the saying "Jealousy killed the cat?"" Johnny retorted.

"It's got nothing on me," Sonya replied as she looked at her boots. Back on the courtyard, Chan continues to remain calm as Rain rises from the ground.

"You won't be laughing for long, Tesla," Rain stated. He began to draw water onto his blades to extend their length. He then swings the sword at Chan from a distance. Chan was barely dodging the attacks. He used his fire rings to steam out the water so that it doesn't reach him.

"Shao Jiao Gaungshu!" Chan shoots a powerful fire blast in the form of a beam. As the fire came close to Rain, he used the water to create a water shield. The collision causes the entire area to get covered in steam. Rain looked around to try and find out where Chan was.

"This is the oldest trick in the book kid," he said. Suddenly, as the steam clears out, Rain is surprised by a flying kick from Chan. The impact of the attack knocks Rain on his back once more. It seemed that Rain was losing.

"Alright!" Sonya shouts with excitement.

"He should've buckled up for that one," Johnny Cage remarked. Sonya face palmed herself and shook her head horizontally. "What? I'm working on it."

"His fight's not finished yet," Raiden confirmed.

"I thought we only had to win two rounds?" Johnny stated.

"Yet, someone lost their match in one," Sonya mocked. Back on the courtyard, Rain rises from the ground as he drops one of his katanas. He points his free hand at Chan, who looks onto him in suspense.

"I was born with these unnatural powers. Almost like how everyone in Edenia was born. The Elder Lords mated with our ancestors. Some of us are direct descendants. Today, you will witness the true power of a half-bred Elder Lord," Rain stated. He closes his hand into a fist. Suddenly, a water bubble surrounded Chan. Not only did it trap him, it was also filled with water. Chan was slowly drowning.

"Oh no!" Sonya shouted.

"Dang it!" Johnny shouted.

"Shaolin," Frost said silently. She grabbed onto her pendant.

"It seems I've caught the biggest fish. I could allow you to drown to death, but I shall give you an honorable death instead. Once this is over, Outworld will have the biggest celebration around your grave," Rain stated. He points his sword in Chan's direction. He begins to form water around the sword as it begins to extend towards Chan. "Sadly for you, if this island wasn't surrounded by a large body of water, you could have won this fight." Chan begins to give in to Rain's attack. He grabbed the charm Frost gave him yesterday. It was glowing light blue. He looked in her direction.

"I told you. You're not going to die in this fight," Frost whispered. Subzero looks at her in confusion.

"Don't tell me..." Subzero began.

"You could learn a thing or two about using my charms, Subzero," Frost stated.

As Rain's sword came close to piercing Chan's heart, Chan uses the pendant as his only defense. Upon impact on the pendant, Rain's water blade stops extending itself. Slowly, both the bubble prison and the water blade began to freeze. The speed of them freezing increased rapidly by the second. Eventually, the bubble prison was completely frozen. Rain's blade was completely frozen. Also, because Rain's sweat glands were active during the attack, his sweat glands were even frozen. Chan used his strength to destroy the ice, shattering both the prison and the water blade. Rain was still slightly stunned due to his sweat glands being frozen.

"Finish Him!" Shang Tsung shouted. Chan looked at Shang Tsung, then he switched his attention to his Earthrealm allies, and finally he gave a quick glance at Frost. He hopped back as flames began to surround his feet.

"Hi-yaa!" Chan performed a flame enhanced version of his flying kick to ultimately KO Rain. However, he restrained the strength of the attack to ensure it didn't kill him. Chan landed perfectly on his feet and wiped the top of his shoe with his hand. Rain was knocked out flat on the ground. Chan was still shaken with excitement. He was prepared for another round, until he snapped back into reality. He looked onto the body of Rain and realized something that slipped his mind a few seconds ago.

"Hornbuckle Wins!" Shang Tsung shouted.